Keeping fit.

Most truck driver are lazy, sorry but true :slight_smile:
Could quite happily sit and watch her use it :sunglasses:

Hiya …dead lazy a… i used to do 10,000 bricks and 20 tons of paving flags a day i was as fit as a fiddle,
straw in summer 2 loads a day, all this was handball. then come along the H&S mob you can,t do that
you can’t lift that. I ve now sneaked on nearly 3 stone all because the use of pallets and brick grabs.
no need for the gym just a little handball did me good… I,ve seen some of that gym equipment in France
it would be gone in a shot in the uk the travelers would weigh it in.
now about her and that top… she’d take some handling i bet.she,s well smart.
John

I took her advice and have just had a 3 minute workout while watching the film again. :smiling_imp:

I ate some fruit the other day, does that count?

That lass is a bit, well a lot away from the norm though to be fair!

She is fine, but she know’s it too. I’ve already proclaimed my love for her on her you tube channel. I think she’s moved firms since the last few vids she done, the citronex minter looks well with her in it.

I did start laughing near the start though when she started throwing them around, bless her.

Least she brings a smile to most people’s faces.

Slackbladder:
I took her advice and have just had a 3 minute workout while watching the film again. :smiling_imp:

:laughing: :laughing:

Hands down, the best driver to get put with in a ferry cabin.

Swampey2418:

the govt should bring a law that anybody overweight has to lose it ,or be fined ,then beaten if they dont pay . no exemptions for bad backs or disabled. everybody would benefit, hospitals would free up 1000s of beds

So your so perfect in every way are you… some ppl are simply over weight due to thyroid /medical issues or its genetic… maybe if the food wasn’t messed with all these E numbers and preservatives and processing… ppl would be a lot healthier…maybe we should design something to stop all cars performing journeys under 6 miles to get ppl walking again

But then if you wanna start on the fat ppl in the world, maybe we ought to start on the smokers, drinkers or the ppl that get ■■■■■■ transmitted disease’s, when they fall ill its self inflicted, the state don’t treat crap like that anymore.

just goes to show there are narrow minded plebs out there that attack even the disabled… how low can someone get,

End of the day I eat healthy daily …losing weight… recovering from 2 busted spinal discs…weight put on due to medication, inactivity …and lots of pain…

im not having a stab at the disabled fellah -just all the overweight folk in general. its a known fact that anybody who sits around idle all day (for whatever reason) tends to scoff a lot of food,from boredom . the trouble is it does nobody any good to be overweight and clogs up the health system. this country would be better off if it clamped down hard on obesity
i was once overweight and know what im talking about

corij:

Swampey2418:

the govt should bring a law that anybody overweight has to lose it ,or be fined ,then beaten if they dont pay . no exemptions for bad backs or disabled. everybody would benefit, hospitals would free up 1000s of beds

So your so perfect in every way are you… some ppl are simply over weight due to thyroid /medical issues or its genetic… maybe if the food wasn’t messed with all these E numbers and preservatives and processing… ppl would be a lot healthier…maybe we should design something to stop all cars performing journeys under 6 miles to get ppl walking again

But then if you wanna start on the fat ppl in the world, maybe we ought to start on the smokers, drinkers or the ppl that get ■■■■■■ transmitted disease’s, when they fall ill its self inflicted, the state don’t treat crap like that anymore.

just goes to show there are narrow minded plebs out there that attack even the disabled… how low can someone get,

End of the day I eat healthy daily …losing weight… recovering from 2 busted spinal discs…weight put on due to medication, inactivity …and lots of pain…

im not having a stab at the disabled fellah -just all the overweight folk in general. its a known fact that anybody who sits around idle all day (for whatever reason) tends to scoff a lot of food,from boredom . the trouble is it does nobody any good to be overweight and clogs up the health system. this country would be better off if it clamped down hard on obesity

I’m with corij on this. Before I started driving I was 11stone at 6ft, after the first year I was 13st and a half sitting around 22% body fat. Nipped it right in the bud and now I’m abit of a gym nut sitting around the same weight but 12% body fat.

I don’t expect everyone to go to the lengths I did/do but something needs to be done about obesity in this country. If you’re overweight through illness that’s a different matter entirely, it’s the lazy gits through choice that cost the tax payer millions through selfishness and greed

Each to there own I stay out all week in me lorry and I manage to keep fit go running 3 times a week and swimming if near a pool even managed a 2.49 marathon at London on sun
I do think its a case of u can take a duck to water but u can’t make it swim n if gyms etc where avalable they’d b v v empty

2.49 , wow i doff my cap to you ! i ran it myself in 05 , nowhere near your elite time tho!

back onto obesity , anyone notice that 90% of folk who are overweight get very defensive when confronted about it . Thats why i believe the Govt would need to get tough for successful results. im not talking about anyone who is say 2 or 3 stones overweight , but when it gets to 4 stones an alert should sound . The public should get a financial reward for reporting anybody they see in this bracket,to root them out. Once registered , a daily record could be made of their food intake ,supervised by the Community Police if necessary.
Later the individual concerned would be very thankful that he/she had got down to the normal weight level. "a new lease of life "

maga:

corij:

Swampey2418:

I’m with corij on this. Before I started driving I was 11stone at 6ft, after the first year I was 13st and a half sitting around 22% body fat. Nipped it right in the bud and now I’m abit of a gym nut sitting around the same weight but 12% body fat.

I don’t expect everyone to go to the lengths I did/do but something needs to be done about obesity in this country. If you’re overweight through illness that’s a different matter entirely, it’s the lazy gits through choice that cost the tax payer millions through selfishness and greed

I agree but some people won’t help themselves,I was and still am a little overweight but since I started exercise I feel better,I want to eat better,I sleep better and don’t get as tired during the day.
If the lazy folk tried exercise they would notice a change in there well being

I used to go to the gym regular and play football, squash, badminton, I had a bad car accident when I was 21 which did my back in, I then put weight on, it’s difficult to lose the weight when any kind of training renders you immobile for days, I found cycling doesn’t actually hurt my back so I’ve been cycling to work for over three years. I still can’t excersice from the waist up so it looks now like leg day is the only day I don’t skip :smiley:

corij:
2.49 , wow i doff my cap to you ! i ran it myself in 05 , nowhere near your elite time tho!

back onto obesity , anyone notice that 90% of folk who are overweight get very defensive when confronted about it . Thats why i believe the Govt would need to get tough for successful results. im not talking about anyone who is say 2 or 3 stones overweight , but when it gets to 4 stones an alert should sound . The public should get a financial reward for reporting anybody they see in this bracket,to root them out. Once registered , a daily record could be made of their food intake ,supervised by the Community Police if necessary.
Later the individual concerned would be very thankful that he/she had got down to the normal weight level. "a new lease of life "

I presume, surely to God that you are taking the ■■■■ Mr. Orwell?

If so, well done. If not I raise my left eyebrow to you Sir.

I appreciate some people need a bit of hard home truths to make them lose the Obese but what you are suggesting is simply a poor trolling attempt I presume.

Not to mention the fact that some people just don’t care if they stroke out.

Swampey2418:

Thoroughly agreed that a lot of our health issues are down to our diet & the foods that we consume. Foods can either act like medicine, but then some foods can be dangerous for you cos of the manufacturing methods & ingredients. Also due to the lack of exercise

11 stone at 6ft tall. :open_mouth:
I’d call that underweight

I have a good tip for all drivers who wish to keep fit.

At least once a week,drive a truck that an agency driver has been in on the previous shift. This will help in the following ways;

1. Re-fueling-the typical agency muppet will leave you very little fuel. This allows you an opportunity of getting in and out of the cab on one more occasion than you expected to. Good step work.
    2.Cleaning the cab. Good work out for the arms. Wiping excessive sucker marks off the windscreen,which the tools leave after requiring every gizmo known to man,but still don’t complete all drops. Also 2 binbags full of [zb]that they leave behind.
    3.Recording damage. The typical agency bellend likes to drop the trailer with the tag axle up. This gives a wonderful opportunity to damage the rear mudguards,thus allowing extra walking to the garage.
    4.Blocked in. As most on here know,the agency muppet has only one interest at the end of his/her shift. Usually involves dumping tractor units at the most inconvenient place which happens to be right next to their Daewoo rust-bucket. This procedure is excellent for walking back and to with various sets of keys to move units around.

There are plenty other ’ agency related workouts '. Please feel free to add to above list.

eagerbeaver:

At least once a week,drive a truck that an agency driver has been in on the previous shift. This will help in the following ways;

1. Re-fueling-the typical agency muppet will leave you very little fuel. This allows you an opportunity of getting in and out of the cab on one more occasion than you expected to. Good step work.
    2.Cleaning the cab. Good work out for the arms. Wiping excessive sucker marks off the windscreen,which the tools leave after requiring every gizmo known to man,but still don’t complete all drops. Also 2 binbags full of [zb]that they leave behind.
    3.Recording damage. The typical agency bellend likes to drop the trailer with the tag axle up. This gives a wonderful opportunity to damage the rear mudguards,thus allowing extra walking to the garage.
    4.Blocked in. As most on here know,the agency muppet has only one interest at the end of his/her shift. Usually involves dumping tractor units at the most inconvenient place which happens to be right next to their Daewoo rust-bucket. This procedure is excellent for walking back and to with various sets of keys to move units around.

There are plenty other ’ agency related workouts '. Please feel free to add to above list.

Yawn …

eagerbeaver:

Nice one eagerbeaver ,ive had a crap day and thats made me laugh my bollox off :laughing: :laughing: the worst bit about it is that its all true :unamused: :laughing:

eagerbeaver:

Says the mans whos experience would fit on the back of a postage stamp :unamused:

Turned the video off when i saw the taliban number plate.
Klunk

eagerbeaver:

Interesting but rather sad glimpse into your behaviour when when you was an agency driver ?