Keeping cab/truck clean

I’ve given up,they’ve beat me,filthy zb ears,I just wipe anything I’m likely too touch with wet wipes .

chrome north west products are spot on i buy them in 5ltr’s

burnley-si:

they don’t fit in the door pocket that easy though Si :wink:

can anyone recommend a good cleaner that removes ■■■ ash ? and the smell of smoke ? i ended up getting fed up of facing transport clerks with complaints about smoking in the cabs charges etc you see the problem happens when i stand outside in the rain having a smoke and the ash and smoke would blow into the cab from the wind and it would make it look like i was smoking in the cab and some blokes are so red hot on checking there cabs out they spend 15 mins safety checks just looking for ash

so any tips on this would be great

its just a shame that ■■■■■ dont last as long as the smell of smoke

desypete:
can anyone recommend a good cleaner that removes ■■■ ash ? and the smell of smoke ?

Yep. Servisol anti-static foam cleaner which is about £5 from Maplins. Stinks of cat ■■■■ but spray that puppy on, leave it a couple of minutes and you can see the nicotine running off. I use it to clean out smokers stink/tar from radio gear and laptops.

Conor:

desypete:
can anyone recommend a good cleaner that removes ■■■ ash ? and the smell of smoke ?

Yep. Servisol anti-static foam cleaner which is about £5 from Maplins. Stinks of cat ■■■■ but spray that puppy on, leave it a couple of minutes and you can see the nicotine running off. I use it to clean out smokers stink/tar from radio gear and laptops.

£5 bloody hell do you think i am made of money ?

maybe i should just leave an old fish under the drivers seat ? it was done once to a guy in a place i worked at years ago, he would always be moaning about anyone else using his cab, give him his due he kept it well clean and tidy but he couldn’t get his head around the other drivers who were as rough as a bears arse

so to give him something to moan about fish used to be left in his cab, its takes ages for that smell to clear up. : ) i know i shouldn’t laugh as its childish.

anyway in todays world i guess there would be a stewards inquiry into such practices and heads would roll at the very idea someone would dare to play a prank at work like that.

but thanks for the tip but its just a bit to pricey for me.

If you really want to cause a stink, pour some UHT milk in discrete place… After a week or so it becomes vomit inducing.

After a month, well, I refused to use the vehicle until the source was found and dealt with!

Turned out to be someone had left one of those little milk pots in a cubby hole and it had split, seeping into all the nooks and crannies in the dash. Took weeks to fully get rid of the stench.

109LWB:
If you really want to cause a stink, pour some UHT milk in discrete place… After a week or so it becomes vomit inducing.

After a month, well, I refused to use the vehicle until the source was found and dealt with!

Turned out to be someone had left one of those little milk pots in a cubby hole and it had split, seeping into all the nooks and crannies in the dash. Took weeks to fully get rid of the stench.

lol i had the same thing happen to me it turned out milk had been split on the carpets and in those days the erf cabs had capet over the engine hump in the cab i was the same i refused to take it out as it made me heave
the transport manager was so sympathetic he told me to drive with my head out of the cab window and he gave me a can of air freshener as compensation for my nostrils. so i had to take the load as it was needed and suffered that smell of rotten milk your right it does smell strong enough to make you want to throw up

still it gave all the other lads and the office staff a good laugh

why oh why has this transport game gone down hill like it is these days. you will end up getting sacked for ■■■■■■■ in the cabs the way its going : )

I was told about a bloke you turned up for work a bit worse for wear after a night on the beer,he was given the keys a new motor,when he got in it he was physically sick all over the dash etc,he made no attempt to clean it just went back in the office handed the keys in and said he was too ill to do his shift,to be honest i can believe with some of the animals out and about :cry:

seth 70:
I was told about a bloke you turned up for work a bit worse for wear after a night on the beer,he was given the keys a new motor,when he got in it he was physically sick all over the dash etc,he made no attempt to clean it just went back in the office handed the keys in and said he was too ill to do his shift,to be honest i can believe with some of the animals out and about :cry:

sorry that was me : )

Get an empty spray bottle. I use am empty chrome pink bottle. Three quarters water one quarter Flash liquid gel. Spray over floors and dash then a damp cloth over everything. Smells ok and not sticky like them awful silicone cleaners.

nick2008:

burnley-si:

no but they come with a free smaller spray bottle :grimacing:

burnley-si:

nick2008:

burnley-si:

no but they come with a free smaller spray bottle :grimacing:

I know :wink: I use Pink it’s a good all rounder really