Keeping a diary

Very important to track your hours, the vehicles you drive etc.

So usually the company give us a little diary, i ask today about it as ive only got a couple of days left on this years. They’re being given out next week and its a frigin filofax :unamused: :laughing:

Del boy eat your heart out. Had a swatch at it, it wont last the year it will fall to pieces - so im going to have to buy one :confused:

This thing probably cost a fiver, a little diary like our usual ones probably cost a quid maybe 2 quid. I wish they’d stop thinking for themselves and just ask drivers :laughing:

Anyway i just wanted a rant about a one pound diary. That is all.

I’ve thought of having one for the reasons you said, but felt I did’nt need one as I only do about 6 ours driving on average per day.

We don’t get given anything, so buy my own a4 size £2.00 :wink: Always good to have it with you when arguing over hours etc with the office ! :smiley:

Well it may cost more now but next year I imagine you’ll just be given a refill. Hey presto it’s cheaper. Nothing wrong with a Filofax, it’ll only fall to bits if you don’t look after it.

merc0447:

I thought tachograph records did that and you have them for 28 days, and the company longer?

Mike-C:

merc0447:

I thought tachograph records did that and you have them for 28 days, and the company longer?

Since i get paid monthly and they ■■■■ up the hours every month i find a diary easier to use to sort it out than printing out 28 days worth on a digi head. Since im responsible for a 17 week period to keep under 48 hours, i also find a quick glance at a diary is a lot easier. Must be me but i look for the simple way in life. But away you go to your hearts content and study charts and printouts :laughing:

I can just see you wae a magnifying glass tracing the all the minutes on a wax chart :laughing:

One of my colleagues (about 40 years service) keeps a diary with number of loads etc as he was told off for time wasting so he now makes notes of traffic conditions and calls from office etc…

One of our blokes keeps a diary and he records everything and I mean EVERYTHING. Not only what he does but also everytime he fills the truck up with diesel, everytime he puts oil in, his hours, mileage. He even records when the other drivers do a night out! He knows more about when I last did a night out than I do!!!

I have been doing this for about 5 years know the sort of thing i put in it is start time/finish time/time of breaks/drive time/
where i have tipped and reloaded/where i have had a night out/truck wash/tolls :slight_smile:

merc0447:

Mike-C:

merc0447:

Since i get paid monthly and they [zb] up the hours every month i find a diary easier to use to sort it out than printing out 28 days worth on a digi head. Since im responsible for a 17 week period to keep under 48 hours, i also find a quick glance at a diary is a lot easier. Must be me but i look for the simple way in life. But away you go to your hearts content and study charts and printouts :laughing:

I can just see you wae a magnifying glass tracing the all the minutes on a wax chart :laughing:

Hmmmm…can i just tell you that your employer is responsible for you staying within your WTD limits, but you can believe whatever you like. They also are legally bound to produce it for you upon request, just as you are you are bound legally to report anyo other work you do to them. Now, i can guess you’re gonna say…yeah but in the real world…
Yep, in the real world i would tell them they have to provide me with a copy of my hours and i want it. Hows that ? Diary for wages and they have and have to legally produce the info? Only one of us is messin with magnifyin glasses and it aint me. Get yourself clued up, knowledge is power !!!