Kbm international

Hi all! Does anyone remember this firm from Croydon
They used to have white units with green stipes and green
Tilts. My dad worked there going to Italy everyweek, spent
Many summer holidays working away with him. Thank you.

1986:
Hi all! Does anyone remember this firm from Croydon
They used to have white units with green stipes and green
Tilts. My dad worked there going to Italy everyweek, spent
Many summer holidays working away with him. Thank you.

Hullo 1986,

Yes, that would have been Kenny Barr. I remember him doing Greece, and there’s a few lads on here that I know that drove for him. Doing both Italy and Greece.
Cheers, Archie.

Yes that’s right, ken Barr. Me dad worked for him in the 90’s.
It was mainly Italy everyweek! Out on a Sunday back home Thursday
Morning! The work was for Viking direct!
After they lost that work think he packed in!
Spent every possible school holiday away with him.
If anyone has any pictures of his trucks that would be great!
Thank you.

I remember them well. Went to see him about a job in the late 80`s. He used to park his trailers and trucks up on the old Purley Way and had a house behind Mayday Hospital. Although he had nothing going at the time,I remember him saying a lot of his work was waste paper bales out to Italy and groupage back. He used to run Dafs I think?

That’s right. He had a few trucks, a left ■■■■■■ scania 112 a daf 3300 space cab
A few daf 95’s the rest were iveco eurotechs, towards the end he got 2 man roadhaus,
L3 wgt and m4 wgt I think the reg’s were. It was the
Easiest job me dad has done he claims! Haha.

Hullo 1986,
I remember that the last time I saw Alan Warner, early nineties maybe, he was based in Greece for three months, picking up unaccompanied trailers from Italy in Patras and delivering all over Greece for Kenny Barr. I also remember a biggish bloke, always wore those hairy clogs, I think his name might have been Ray working there. Does your Dad remember these two ?

A couple of pics found on the net so not mine so ta to whoever took them!

539203_10201958869230836_710169221_n.jpg

KB Motors.jpg
Used to run with one of Kennys old stepframes & borrowed a few (still wet) permits off him!