did a drop today on an industrial estate, the gate way is accessed off a layby which also has a cafe on it, i followed an artic into the layby but he stopped right across the entrance of the gate, there was plenty of space for him to move forward but i guess it was to far for him to walk to get his sarnie, i asked if he could move forward and got the reply F off i,m on break!! ok not wanting or being arsed to argue I parked in front and the forkie came to the back door and we handballed the delivery, the other driver was now ready to move but forkie was blocking the way a little and we were just getting paperwork signed when a blast of the horn from artic driver, who then reversed his truck right over the front end of a van that had parked behind him… the look on his face was priceless, he even had the cheek to come to me and ask for to act as a witness, suggesting that i say van hit him?? he took the company details from my truck as i refused to give my own contact numbers, but does he really think i,m gonna lie for him.

Good story shame you didn’t get some pictures to go with it.

Fok off, I’m on break, I didn’t witness anything.

Ha ha buzzer, it’s nice when that happens.

We got a compromised haz-chem load (gas bottles) in our yard that needs to be trans-shipped. A H+S bod came in to assess how the load would be moved. I suggested we could do the whole trans-ship using our hiab for the loose bottles and forklift for the cages. He looked disgusted and made the comment “We can’t have any Tom, ■■■■ or Harry swinging these bottles around with a crane”. I bit my tounge, thought about it then answered “well, you’re the expert, you’ll know whats the best procedure”.

It must have taken him a huge slice of humbe pie, but he came back down the yard and asked “About that crane…” :smiley:

That just made my day. :laughing:

Classic!!!

I thought you were gonna just say you ended up blocking him for 45mins, but smashing the van in is class. Did he see you laughing at him?

Brilliant!

Excellent, he richly deserved that.

Just shows what R soles there are in lorries these days, i do so hope he’s on a damage bonus so has cost him several hundred knicker to boot…pretty please.

Good things happen to good people, and bad things to the bad.

The caliber of individual doing the job nowadays seems to be quite poor, hopefully this one has learnt a very harsh lesson.

karma indeed :laughing:

got a call today from our office asking me the circumstances,not sure wether it was the van drivers or artic drivers insurance were asking for info as to what exactly happened, apparently i refused to move and the other driver being in a rush to get to a delivery reversed rather then wait… what a load of crap, fortunately my boss believes me and the matter will go no further, apart from a telephone call to the transport company the artic belongs to, i just cant believe what the other driver is doing, the whole thing was witnessed by me, a fork lift driver and about a dozen others who were at the cafe…

What an ■■■■■■, so he’s refuses to move to allow work to progress after parking like a plank, fat lazy useless twerp can’t waddle three steps to the burger van…then when he shows his driving prowess by walloping a van he then tries to blame you.

I give up.

Just say what happened, how he blocked the entrance to your delivery, how he was aggressive, how he couldn’t wait a few minutes for you to finish the paperwork, how he reversed over the van and how he asked you to lie for him :slight_smile:

all done, myboss made the call…

I’m sorry but even if you were the rudest most ■■■■■■■■■ driver in the world that refused to move, how would this still be your fault?? You were outside of your truck parked up stationary when another truck reversed into a van… Nothing to do with you what so ever.
Would he still try and blame you if he had reversed and was 200 yards away before he hit the van?? Probably.

I’m just staggered that people will chance anything, I would never dream of trying to get another driver in trouble. What a waster.