karl kralowetz

thought i was seeing things last week when i saw one of ther trucks on the m62 eastbound nr manchester :open_mouth: thought this firm had long finished or at least had when i was going into europe remember them all stranded at the lux border can anyone shed any light on this it was pulling a road barrel :unamused: regards johnyrose63.

I remember them getting into a bit of bother too, but they probably kept the two companies separate. I used to load out of Linz for Allied Colloids and Kralowetz tankers were quite big in Linz.

kralowetz.com/

if I remember it was all the Luxembourg based general boys who were parked up and I think someone went to jail over it. (Quick Edit)

And here is the story,

eurofound.europa.eu/eiro/200 … 02104f.htm

thats it malc they wer all the eastern european drivers parked up and the red cross was bringing them food and water remember it well a big fleet back then. :slight_smile:

Maybe they have sold the trailers and not taken the name off,the banks may have repoed the trailers to get some money back.

I think Mr Kralowetz got into a lot of bother for employing east European drivers at that time, may have done a little time sewing Austrian or Luxembourg mail bags? If only he had waited a few years, he could have employed as many East Europeans as he liked with no bother at all :laughing: