Kammac Skem

Kammac in Skem are advertising for drivers,anyone know what they are like to work for,looks like they have a decent fleet and kit…but we all know that means nothing could just be a dangling carrot to get you in lol :smiley: general haulage it says,does anyone know if they have any decent contracts :confused: :confused:

it’s a pretty easy job mate never have an aggro from them but i only did agency for them so it ain’t a fair idea off what the perm lads do get, but i never had any problems there and all drivers seemed happy enough.

I drove for Kammac 30 years ago when they ran 8 F12’s, an F88 and anF86 out of a yard in Scarisbrick.

The tautliner curtains were made to look like huge american flags, and every saturday you had to clean your truck till it was gleamin, and then all the units parked up at Brian Kamels house (the boss) and met in the Kicking Donkey for a pint and to recieve your pay packet.

We used to take home well over £200 a week 30 years ago, but it was prior to tacho’s, so you bloody worked for it, and we used to have log books all over the cab.

One of the regular runs was Skelmersdale to Milton Keynes 3 times, running empty Coke cans from Nacanco . . 3 hours exactly each way x 9 plus tipping time … … it was mad.

Kammac has changed hands plenty of times since, and is a totally different company, but I enjoyed working for Snakey (Brian) back then . . . he was the big ‘I am’ for years, and for a long time had his own personal bodyguard, but he ended up dying penniless in a little flat at quite a young age.

Driven for them on agency out of Premier Foods (Bachelors) at Worksop. Found them to be very disorganised. Several occasions turned up and had to wait hours for a truck then they expect you to still get back for the start of the next shift. Been given wrong loads, wrong paperwork and generally asked to do the impossible! Oh, and you could spend hours driving round the yard finding out who has the only key for the diesel pump! And when you do find it, you have to fill out paperwork and get it authorised by security.

If this was the last haulage firm on earth, I’d pack in driving!

I drove agency for them several times. I thought it was ok there. Apart from the colour of the lorry it was just like driving for Stobarts/Irlams, they do similar work. As others have said mainly Premier brands to RDC’s and cans.

thanks guys for replys gonna give them a ring I think

they seem to have quite a few trailers in at great bear at skem

matizerSCANIAR480:

Great bear do a lot of storage for premier foods (Oxo/Batchelors). Kammac do the transport.

kammac.com/

killsville:

matizerSCANIAR480:

Great bear do a lot of storage for premier foods (Oxo/Batchelors). Kammac do the transport.

Yer i no Spiers & Hartwell also do transport for premier foods.