Kammac skem

Hi all. Been offered work via agency for kammac in skem but they are also recruiting direct. Via agency money is £11 an hour tramping. Anyone know current rates and working conditions. I’ve seen some old posts so interested in up to date stuff. Thanks

I got sent there through challenge agency a couple of months ago £11 ph tramping but when I got there I was down for multi drop with a return load to skem.
To far to travel everyday so I didn’t bother after turning up at 4am I went home.

Bloody hell how long have they been operating for again, used to work full time many many years ago there, but it got shut down, they were renowned for allowing drivers to work all hours you wanted to work, I think they invented the phrase ‘running bent’ not the Irish, then one Saturday morning went back to depot to find 5 police cars and 3 vosa cars there an ex employee had blown them in.

Is this a reincarnation of Kammac that ran trucks looking like Smokey and the Bandit back in the day?

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Munchkin:
Is this a reincarnation of Kammac that ran trucks looking like Smokey and the Bandit back in the day?

Sent from my X17 using Tapatalk

Yeh, ran by a Mr Kammell I think, Turkish or something.
It was not much of a ‘Delight’ working for him in the 80s I heard, 25 hour days etc :smiley:

Sorry o/p, don’t know what they are like today, so a bit of useless information for you. :blush:

25 hour days - did they have a lot of part timers then? :smiley:

Socketset:
25 hour days - did they have a lot of part timers then? :smiley:

No, that was before their first break. :smiley:

I pop in and out of there, the wagons are all new Man’s but the get beat up a bit new fleet of trailers too.
From what I gather the majority are agency and cab hop as one of the yard guys (exdriver) was disgusted at the state of some of the cabs, saying no one has pride in the vehicle due to not having their own.
Then there was a guy who lives behind me who was on for them (agency honest) Brought his shiny new unit and trailer home to get his butties and got it stuck turning around, I tried to help him for 3 hours but he insisted on doing it his way.
At 1 in the morning a crane was called in from Preston to free the trailer from the mud :laughing:
He now turns up in random units (no trailers) :wink:

many years ago on the bog wall at hilton park it read "kammacs men finish at ten have their tea and start again "

I went for a night on the tap with a kamac driver n the 80s stuck in sheerness docks…we had a great night until he keeled over in the chinkys and lapsed into unconsciousness whilst nearly drowning in a chicken curry.the 2 prozzys we were into didn’t bat an eyelid as they were assuming we were paying.that kinda backfired on them when we finished the feast.i took him to the bogs to get cleaned up then shoved him out the door leaving the aforementioned prozzies to foot the bill…a great memorable evening with fond kammac memories…hope that helps. :laughing:

dieseldog999:
I went for a night on the tap with a kamac driver n the 80s stuck in sheerness docks…we had a great night until he keeled over in the chinkys and lapsed into unconsciousness whilst nearly drowning in a chicken curry.the 2 prozzys we were into didn’t bat an eyelid as they were assuming we were paying.that kinda backfired on them when we finished the feast.i took him to the bogs to get cleaned up then shoved him out the door leaving the aforementioned prozzies to foot the bill…a great memorable evening with fond kammac memories…hope that helps. :laughing:

You do realise that in hell you’re going to get a DAF CF limited to 50! :laughing:

only if karma catches up with me and it could always be worse…i could end up with a night trunk for an agency… :open_mouth: …I thought it was fair doos,as the 2 ■■■■■■■ started ordering brandys and top whack meals as they assumed we were on the horn for them…which we were,though it was better craic the way it ended up.i wondered what was wrong when I woke up the next morn…then I realised my top false teeth were missing…I tried to remember why which escaped me somewhat,then I opened the curtains and saw them lying at the end of the stream of projectile vomit where I must have puked during the night…they were easy to find as it had been snowing and they were all pink and red .oh the good old days :slight_smile:

dreamlands2001:
Bloody hell how long have they been operating for again, used to work full time many many years ago there, but it got shut down, they were renowned for allowing drivers to work all hours you wanted to work, I think they invented the phrase ‘running bent’ not the Irish, then one Saturday morning went back to depot to find 5 police cars and 3 vosa cars there an ex employee had blown them in.

illegal immigrants from Ireland, :laughing: landed on Liverplop. :grimacing: we call them Scousers. :smiley: