Kammac in the 8os

Ynotell:
Hiya all you guys who worked for kammac in the 80s, I also worked for them from 82 until leggets took over. I left then came back for a short while I drove E390 TJA but before that I had a light blue and white F10 reg C341XVU, but started on a F88 black one carnt remember the reg. my names tony Ellis and two of my brothers worked there as well Garry and David Ellis. I also worked down at bletchley on the coca cola contract best job Iv ever had we done [zb] all, all day then all went on the ■■■■ with Brian dutton, fantastic memory’s. The night at Brian’s hotel when me and Arnie another driver was ordering all the champagne and sour then comfort for the marlbourgh racing team girls on Brian’s tab. We got [zb] up and down dale off snake and had to pay the bar bill back out of our wages. Great times and a great bunch of lads we worked with. Would love to hear from anyone who worked with us back then and remembers a few stories. Tony Ellis.

I could tell a few stories of those good old days but don’t want to get anyone in the ■■■■ !!! such great times with a good bunch of lads ( and some tossers) see you at the tyburn later !!!

RobH:

Ynotell:
Hiya all you guys who worked for kammac in the 80s, I also worked for them from 82 until leggets took over. I left then came back for a short while I drove E390 TJA but before that I had a light blue and white F10 reg C341XVU, but started on a F88 black one carnt remember the reg. my names tony Ellis and two of my brothers worked there as well Garry and David Ellis. I also worked down at bletchley on the coca cola contract best job Iv ever had we done [zb] all, all day then all went on the ■■■■ with Brian dutton, fantastic memory’s. The night at Brian’s hotel when me and Arnie another driver was ordering all the champagne and sour then comfort for the marlbourgh racing team girls on Brian’s tab. We got [zb] up and down dale off snake and had to pay the bar bill back out of our wages. Great times and a great bunch of lads we worked with. Would love to hear from anyone who worked with us back then and remembers a few stories. Tony Ellis.

I could tell a few stories of those good old days but don’t want to get anyone in the [zb] !!! such great times with a good bunch of lads ( and some tossers) see you at the tyburn later !!!

by the way its Rob Haworth …

my name is John Mckenna, I worked out of skem in the 80’s and the 90’s, found some pics hope u all like them, anyone that no’s me from the old days drop me a message, im new on here an would be keen to chat to old driving mates

heres another.

photo (3).JPG

heres another

photo (4).JPG

thats me on the left with my youngest son Alan on the right.

photo (5).JPG

quality picture

photo (6).JPG

my old wagon

photo (7).JPG

at another show

photo (8).JPG

daf 3300 C588DND My old wagon

photo (9).JPG

C588 DND ORIENT EXPRESS 1

photo (10).JPG

That really is a great picture John, looks well good.

After leggetts bought us out I ended up driving Tony Westwoods old Motor C580 DND, Knight Rider 1

when leggerts took kammac over, they kept my daf and repainted it due to the condition i kept it in. and was later on used as a shunter in nacanco many years later,

One of my old Volvo

image.jpg

Kammac volvos all together.

image.jpg

Daf 3300

image.jpg

Looking at those big Dafs , they did look the business , and they drove great , all I would say there was far to much glass round the back ,and it got cold quickly ,even when you kept the curtains pulled round during the day .

johnmck1947:
Daf 3300

great picture, thats the one I had a bit later after it had the tag axle fitted

Posting this on behalf of my dad, George McGowan (scouser) anyone remember him? He recognizes many of the trucks and registrations. Been reminiscing of his years there and laughing at loads of the comments. Remembers a lot of the above names, also John Carthy, Stevie Parr, Stan Walker, Bobby Joyce, Harry Meath (Pugwash) plus too many to mention. The old Kammac '88 days, the pink panther, knight rider trucks. The metallic collection were a great lookin piece of kit in their day.

truckerash:
here ya’ go ROUTIER.

i must have beeen one of them tryin to get all the colours :frowning: VERY :frowning:

used to see um all the time at Red Lion Truckstop, Junc 16 M1Northampton.

JESTER - EASY RIDER - ROOSTER

VOLVO day and night shots

recognise the driver?

BJ+BEAR

VAMPIRE

no name

and even a Transcontinental.

Anyone that was on Kammack would remember Johney Cigar (Carthey)from the 80s
Last I heard he was living on a boat on the river ribble.Do anyone else Know of him.