Kammac-any opinions?

Does anyone work for Kammac out of Skem or have any experience of them, what they’re like to work for etc?

Cheers.

anyone■■? :smiley:

The internet needs more than 2 hours to respond! I have not worked for them.

they have a lot of volvo f10’s

jessicas dad:

And they can do two runs to Milton Keynes in a shift :unamused: :smiley:

Only worked for them through agency out of Worksop (Premier Foods).

Run to their Skem depot quite a few times. They generally expect the impossible, will happily keep you waiting for hours on end and generally mess you about! Oh, and the whole fleet shares one key for the diesel pump and you have to fill out a form that looks something like a Tax Return just to be able to fill up.

Hope that answers your question!

Kammac plc withdraws notice of its intention to vary their drivers contracts of employment
7/12/2011

The United Road Transport Union (URTU) has received written confirmation from Kammac plc, Skelmersdale that the notice to vary drivers contracts of employment, which included the removal of paid breaks, has now been withdrawn. As a result of this written confirmation, the URTU has confirmed that the proposed strike action, due to commence on Saturday 10 December, will now not take place.

URTU Regional Officer, Lee Pimbley, said;

"Drivers employed at Kammac are some of the lowest paid drivers in the industry. If the company had proceeded with the proposed variation to contracts this would have meant that a driver, working a normal five day shift from Mon - Fri, would have had a drop of earning of over £25 per week.

“Overall this has been a good result for our members. It has shown that strength in solidarity has achieved the objective. Our members should be applauded for all their efforts in resisting their employer’s attempt to reduce their earnings”.

axletramp:

jessicas dad:

And they can do two runs to Milton Keynes in a shift :unamused: :smiley:

and then a pick up of fruit from sheerness back to liverpool fruit market had been known on more than one occasion, plenty of pro plus as there were no sugar rich energy drinks in those days.

There was a Kammac outfit running in the 70’s I think, had all the flash motors for the time until they went pop. Same mob?

Not to sure about if the same people, but i think they are from the same family or one is
A mate has worked for them for the last 5-6 yrs he does tramping or did, the pay isn’t brilliant,they did have MAN TG Space cabs not that long ago, a lot of the work is to RDC’s
But what they are like to work for i dunno really, but they can’t be that bad surely

i worked out of the skem depot a few years ago it was a pretty standard type of job up untill the christmas period then it turned to ■■■■.at 1300 newyears eve afternoon they gave me a 0600 purfleet to do he looked surprised when i said i presume this is for after the bank holiday then he said no its for in the morning (new years day) then he gave me the if you dont go with it now you will never drive another kammac truck again speech.
guess what he was right i was packed up and out of there in under 10 mins never to return

I remember doing work years ago & every now & again you would come across this lot, I believe it was run by a couple of Indians, that were actually cowboys (How Does That Work?) they did brewery work & carried empty cans to breweries, etc.
There certainly wasn’t any regard for the law regarding tachographs that’s for sure!
All the motors in those days were painted in different colours, sort of fancy stripes and the like, but they certainly did not hang about.
I think it was the usual story, give a young lad a big smart truck & a head full of false promises & he’ll just about work for ‘Nowt’!