K&N Derby

just wondering if anyone knows what it’s like working there,I know they don’t allow the unions in there, the pay on offer seems decent but lots of agencies looking to get drivers in there and permanent vacancies seem to be advertised quite often.thanks

Trucks are slow

As well as agency, they use a lot of subbies as well. We’re one of their subbies and the jobs OK out of there. I think it’s all full palletised loads of booze going from warehouse to warehouse & some RDC/customer drops (although most of the direct deliveries seem to get farmed out to the subbies). They don’t seem to deal with kegs at the new Derby site. Can be some long waits for loads, but everything is run dead straight by the looks of it. The K&N trailers with the internal curtains are great to work with.

I’ve seen a few moaners at their transport desk, but no different to any other firm. I’d give them a whirl if I lived local and was looking.

Thanks rob,they got a perm job fri-mon which will suit me so going to ring them up in the morning

will drop you a message minger.

Minger:
just wondering if anyone knows what it’s like working there,I know they don’t allow the unions in there, the pay on offer seems decent but lots of agencies looking to get drivers in there and permanent vacancies seem to be advertised quite often.thanks

there is also only 1 agency supply them, however a few locally advertise as though it is their contract :unamused:.

pay isn’t bad either temp or perm, if you want any further info anyone drop me a pm.

they also have a sister site near foston for anyone more ‘west’

edited they don’t have unions sorry :blush:

11.60 an hour basic .makes Betty bobarts look skint but so many walkway hivis restrictions from office bods who will tell you what to do

I’m a drayman for a small brewery and I’ve spoke to a few K&N draymen who have said its crap and K&N want rid of the dray side. Asked one the cheeky question of what does your hourly rate work out as and he said £14-ish an hour, not bad aye but when you consider how much they deliver and how heavy the work load is (had physio after a crash, he deals with a lot of draymen with bad joints/backs etc that aren’t much older than me and I’m 29) its hard going and I’m on just over half of what they earn for no more than 1.5 ton a day.

Hi this is my 1st post in a very long time. I’m seriously thinking about do the c+e in the next month or 2 does anyone know if these guys take on newbies? As I live In Derby and this would be perfect location. I’ve had my C for about 10 years and been in full time roll for nearly 4 years.

jesus, they don’t do dray work out of derby and yes red jase they will take on newbies pm me mate.