JWQ Transport

Scammell crusader hbw 88n now restored and back in original livery. Hope you all like it.

Picture if the front too !

adastra:
Scammell crusader hbw 88n now restored and back in original livery. Hope you all like it.

Like it? Love it, mate! Great to see another properly restored Crusader. Robert :smiley:

I echo Roberts sentiments. That’s outstanding!.. My dad was a subbie for JWQ Sheerness in the late 70s early 80s.

its great to see that old girl again but you forgot to put swindon depot phone number on

Regarding the accident on the m2 if you type in accidents on m2 kent march 5th 1979 it will come at the top of Page My Herne bay. How I survived death crash by faye brown.

Just to let you JWQ guys know ■■■■ Godden, ( Ricky ) as you all called him, has sadly passed away.

altitude:
Just to let you JWQ guys know ■■■■ Godden, ( Ricky ) as you all called him, has sadly passed away aged 63.

sorry to hear about RICKY was he still at the pub that was last time i saw him

Not been at that pub or with the woman from there for Donkeys years.

Suedehead:

bubbleman:
Hello,to answer Altitudes enquiry about Adrian,yep he’s a fine old 70 year old now,still enjoys taking pictures of trucks and even gone digital,and to answer Dafs question…the bonneted 1418 is pictured in Cavendish Square lorry park behind the shops in Swindon :laughing:
Bubbs. :wink:

Blimey, they must have been brave parking there,(hence the Luton van backed up to the Aec artic) did they drink in the ■■■■ Robin pub ? :laughing: :laughing:
Didnt realise it was a lorry park tbh, can remember when the car park at the County Ground was used as a lorry park though.

my dad stan dibling worked for jwq and brs …j curtis…in the 60s…spent most evenings in the ■■■■ robin…nice pub■■?

stan diblin also worked for hodges transport in Swindon. have not heard or seen him in over 40 years

lurch1945:
stan diblin also worked for hodges transport in Swindon. have not heard or seen him in over 40 years

hello lurch …stans no longer of this world …any way he also worked for stevenson plastics {spelt wrong} and bamburges mid west{i think…both were
at the old swindon rail sideings…also what is your name just in case i remeber you if thats ok…cavindish sq was not a a proper lorry park but many trucks would park overnight…all the best steve dibling…

adastra:

Very nice.

dibbs:

lurch1945:

hello lurch …stans no longer of this world …any way he also worked for stevenson plastics {spelt wrong} and bamburges mid west{i think…both were
at the old swindon rail sideings…also what is your name just in case i remeber you if thats ok…cavindish sq was not a a proper lorry park but many trucks would park overnight…all the best steve dibling…

Can remember Micheal Stephens plastics in the old railway works off Shepherd st,
Steels commercials and Chas Goodenough had units in the same building.

nice to know your still around TONY still got the beard ?

yes still have beard somewhat grey but that’s what a lifetime of trucking does

Suedehead:

dibbs:

lurch1945:

Can remember Micheal Stephens plastics in the old railway works off Shepherd st,
Steels commercials and Chas Goodenough had units in the same building.

Remember all of those places, I worked for Peter Dainton-White from Blunsdon for a while, Steels Commercials did his lorries for a few months, until he did what he did everywhere else…forgot to pay the bill. :unamused:

Thanks to Mike Jeavons for letting me post these.

Can you believe it? J.W.Q. has now been gone for 25 years. I’ll never forget that Friday when it all went bang. September the 14th 1990 if memory serves me right. We all knew it was going to happen but still shocked when it actually did. It’s a very different world lorry driving now isn’t it chaps. God Bless, Terry.