Just when you thought it was safe to go out

Bridge strike @ A325…At Farnham…happened at 7am this morning and was only opened sometime after 3pm … so must be costing the insurance company a complete wedge, not to mention the rail delays…Don’t think its one you’d keep ya job with :grimacing:

More info
getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey- … ad-9337131

I don’t understand how people hit bridges. I think if you hid a bridge you should be banned. No excuses unless marked up wrong

Hit not hid lol

He hit that at a fair lick to push him over like it did so he obviously wasn’t even remotely concerned about the height, or possibly sat-nav said it was okay so he just went for it.

Just found it on google maps, it is the one just after the wrecclesham rd / weydon lane crossroads on wrecclesham rd. It is a 13’ 9" bridge. I am guessing the driver got in this vehicle and believed whatever the sign said in the cab. As an agency driver I have got into many a unit where it says 13’ 6" but when I have picked a high trailer, the height has changed to 14’ 3" or something. Fifth wheels also vary most being around the 4’ 5" mark so if you have a trailer 9’ 7" then your true height is 14 foot but these days you get all sorts of heights :unamused: Thing is not to believe what the sign says in the cab and remember to change your sat nav if you use one :smiley:

Very courteous to leave room to pass though.

I’ve always said the height of the 5th wheel should be marked on the back of the cab and the height of any box / trailer should be marked. It’s a simple A+B=C.
How many know the running height of a solo unit with the air kit?

nick2008:
How many know the running height of a solo unit with the air kit?

My TGX is 13ft 2" to the top of the deflector.

The height of that bridge is known, it is 13’ 9" and taking that image into photoshop rotation and measuring I roughly make that trailer to be 14’ 2" so 5" approx. hit the bridge :open_mouth:

Look carefully at the first picture of the first post and you’ll probably find the lorry’s had it nuts knocked off… :angry:

Sumsmeister:
Look carefully at the first picture of the first post and you’ll probably find the lorry’s had it nuts knocked off… :angry:

Driver possibly got same treatment…

Can I ask a really important question,“Is the driver ok”.I hope he is and no one else is injured,let the insurance worry about the rest.

Agency driver :grimacing:

The bridge took that like a champ

For Christ’s sake Seth. Im fighting them on all fronts and threads here and now you go and open up a new trench.

eagerbeaver:
For Christ’s sake Seth. Im fighting them on all fronts and threads here and now you go and open up a new trench.

Dont worry pal im always lurking to keep um on their toes,to be honest i cant be arsed with um ,they bite too easy :unamused:

That bridge brings back memories for me. My first class three job 30 years ago. Going under it at 4am and the engine on my TK let go dramatically. Where did the years go

And what about this dozy bugger? facebook.com/HET2014/videos … =3&theater

seth 70:

eagerbeaver:

Dont worry pal im always lurking to keep um on their toes,to be honest i cant be arsed with um ,they bite too easy :unamused:

Yawn