Just washed my ADR license

I’ve just washed my ADR license - does anyone know how i go about getting a replacement, who I need to apply to, how much it costs, how long it takes
and am I still able to drive ADR loads without it - this may cause a problem for me as I drive a fuel tanker !!

Thanks

Don’t know if you contact dvla or city and guilds. But you can’t drive without it

matt01:
I’ve just washed my ADR license - does anyone know how i go about getting a replacement, who I need to apply to, how much it costs, how long it takes
and am I still able to drive ADR loads without it - this may cause a problem for me as I drive a fuel tanker !!

Thanks

never lost mine so cant help with first 4 questions but think if your carrying haz you must carry your licence so you may be stuffed, but when was last time anyone asked to see it? i know you may be unlucky and get asked 2 morrow but…i know what i would do in your situation :smiley:

OVLOV JAY:
Don’t know if you contact dvla or city and guilds. But you can’t drive without it

there are lots of people driving who dont hold a adr licence :smiley:

green456:

OVLOV JAY:

there are lots of people driving who dont hold a adr licence :smiley:

Not driving a fuel tanker

Replacing a lost, stolen or damaged ADR driver training certificate
If your ADR driver training certificate is lost, stolen or damaged, you can ask for a replacement. You will have to send a cheque or postal order for £10.

If you hold a UK driving licence, contact the SQA Customer Contact Centre on Tel 0845 279 1000, or by email at adr@sqa.org.uk. You can also write to them at:

SQA
Testing Services - ADR Team
Optima Building
58 Robertson Street
Glasgow
G2 8DQ

If you hold a Northern Ireland driving licence, you’ll need to contact the DVA ADR Helpline on Tel 028 7034 1386, or write to:

DVA
Driver Licensing Division
County Hall
Castlerock Road
Coleraine
BT51 3TB

You could try the Saftey Law & Working Time Directive Forum - Diesel Dave knows all about the ADR stuff hope this helps :smiley:

Thanks for all your replies.

I’ve managed to open the certificate up and luckily you can still see my name and license catergories, so at least if I do get pulled they can just about make out that I have still got a valid ADR.

I’ve also looked at the SQA website where you can download a form that allows you to apply for a replacement at a cost of £10.00.

I hope this helps anyone who does the same !!

doh !!

matt01:

Thanks

Hi matt01,

Unfortunately, this happens fairly often. :frowning:

Here’s a link to solve your problem:
http://www.sqa.org.uk/sqa/files_ccc/Replacement_VTC_application_form.pdf

I’ve seen that you’ve retrieved what’s left of your ADR certificate and that it’s readable, so you’re OK to carry on driving a fuel tanker. :smiley:

Those who said that you must have an ADR certificate on board your vehicle whilst carrying an ADR regulated load are spot-on, cos there’s NO option to produce an ADR certificate later at a police station if you’re stop-checked.

hey at least you have a clean licence :stuck_out_tongue: sorry couldent resist ha ha

if you move house and update your licence you get a new copy of your ADR for free :smiley:

Lycanthrope:
if you move house and update your licence you get a new copy of your ADR for free :smiley:

Correct. :wink:

I wonder if you could get away with it if you just updated your address with a housename, adding “The Castle” to 123 Bloggs Street.

your gaffer will have a photocopy-get a photocopy of it whilst you send off for a proper replacement copy - worked for me :blush:

nobby003:
your gaffer will have a photocopy-get a photocopy of it whilst you send off for a proper replacement copy - worked for me :blush:

Sorry mate,
A photocopied ADR certificate isn’t acceptable if you’re stop-checked, because the original must be carried. (There is no grey area here.)

Lycanthrope:
I wonder if you could get away with it if you just updated your address with a housename, adding “The Castle” to 123 Bloggs Street.

Have you got a sister, you can “move in” with her for a fortnight :stuck_out_tongue: