Just to clarify

Hi all

I am a newbie and apologise that my first post is a question but I am out of the country and need info. that seems to be impossible to get from DVLA etc. If you guys do not know then who does? Anyway, if anyone has time over the weekend I would appreciate an answer to save me from going back to the DVLA queue on Monday.

OK, I am returning to driving in the UK after a 9 years abroad and as over 45 I have medical next week. I then send licence, medical and current photocard to DVLA to renew entitlement and what comes back?

As I was out of the country I missed the whole CPC thing and deadline.

Does that mean they will send me back a licence I cannot use or do I get time to get CPC qualified and then obtain DVQ?

I will not dwell on the CPC and its merits , seems to be well covered in previous posts.

Thank you in advance for any info.

Regards

Mark

Mark5:
Hi all

I am a newbie and apologise that my first post is a question but I am out of the country and need info. that seems to be impossible to get from DVLA etc. If you guys do not know then who does? Anyway, if anyone has time over the weekend I would appreciate an answer to save me from going back to the DVLA queue on Monday.

OK, I am returning to driving in the UK after a 9 years abroad and as over 45 I have medical next week. I then send licence, medical and current photocard to DVLA to renew entitlement and what comes back?

Does that mean they will send me back a licence I cannot use or do I get time to get CPC qualified and then obtain DVQ?

I will not dwell on the CPC and its merits , seems to be well covered in previous posts.

Regards

Mark

Yep.

Sit in a classroom and get bored to tears for 35hrs, and you’ll be ready to go again - but you’ll probably need a digi-card now too…

Thank you.

I will just go back ripping the rest of my hair out.

Regards,

Mark

You can do HIAB, FLT, ADR and a load of other acronyms to count towards your dCPC rather than just sit in a classroom.

1 driver on here even mentioned doing a ‘refresher course’ with a driving school could get 7hrs dCPC uploaded…

Doing the same after being abroad for 6 years. Waited 10 days for DVLA to send form and then 2 turned up in the post.
Had eyesight test today and optician says “do you wear glasses for driving?” No, I says, he says “I’m glad I’m not coming the other way then!!”
Wallet is now £280 lighter for glasses, £80 for medical, £495 for CPC, £38 for digicard, perhaps I should get my head tested as well!!

wing-nut:
Doing the same after being abroad for 6 years. Waited 10 days for DVLA to send form and then 2 turned up in the post.
Had eyesight test today and optician says “do you wear glasses for driving?” No, I says, he says “I’m glad I’m not coming the other way then!!”
Wallet is now £280 lighter for glasses, £80 for medical, £495 for CPC, £38 for digicard, perhaps I should get my head tested as well!!

1 weeks wage to earn another 240 weeks + holidays seems like good value for money :smiling_imp:
Oh and you was robbed on the cpc.

Thanks again.

I will check the options more when back in UK , but more in need of a place that I can do CPC in a week. Misread rules ‘regards grandfather rights’ so thought I could just go straight back to work.

Wing-nut your post has made me cry …laughing

Regards

Mark

weeto:

wing-nut:

1 weeks wage to earn another 240 weeks + holidays seems like good value for money :smiling_imp:

Thanks for that weeto, haven’t actually booked it yet but got quoted £495 by a local training company. Just consulted google and found some for £350 so I’ll shop around first.

wing-nut:

weeto:

wing-nut:

Thanks for that weeto, haven’t actually booked it yet but got quoted £495 by a local training company. Just consulted google and found some for £350 so I’ll shop around first.

Best I found so far 280 for all 5 in a week. That’s in Scotland though. Should be cheaper now I suppose now that demand is not there. Maybe next time around we will get it on Groupon or on-line as it should be for considerably less.

Scotland’s bit too far for me, I’m on south coast and I can’t understand what half of em up there are saying anyway.

Bit of good news, digicard’s will be reduced to £32 from end of month

wing-nut:
Scotland’s bit too far for me, I’m on south coast and I can’t understand what half of em up there are saying anyway.

Bit of good news, digicard’s will be reduced to £32 from end of month

Understanding what they are saying does not seem to be of importance for earning the CPC.

6 quid off the digicard. This is turning into a money saving post.

Cheers.

I’m in the same boat as you boys.

ROG on the forum here recommended this lot - recoverytech.co.uk/

199 quid including accommodation for a 5 day course.

Thanks for that matkirk & ROG.

Just had a look, Newbury has no accomodation but Colwyn has and they’re both £199 so well worth looking at.

Just noticed this on the website

Our Training Centre provides accommodation for our students in our comfortable 3-bed shared bedrooms (mix of single and double beds - first come first served)

Think I’ll go for the single bed!! :laughing: :laughing:

wing-nut:
Thanks for that matkirk & ROG.

Just had a look, Newbury has no accomodation but Colwyn has and they’re both £199 so well worth looking at.

Just noticed this on the website

Our Training Centre provides accommodation for our students in our comfortable 3-bed shared bedrooms (mix of single and double beds - first come first served)

Think I’ll go for the single bed!! :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks 2
Dates are too far off for me. If you find similar offer in not too distant future . Please share.
Wing-nut do not opt for the single bed as from the picture seems no other place for it but under the double bed.
Do you guys sleep? 5am UK ?

Now that the main rush is over I doubt many DCPC providers are doing 5 days in a row

If this post constitutes an advert and that’s against forum rules I apologise and please delete it.

I’m still managing 5 day courses at £255.00 inclusive - but you aint staying at my house! Local pub charges £25 per night

Rog is quite right - not many are doing 5 day courses now. I’m getting people travelling and getting accomodation. In the last 2 weeks I’ve had drivers from as far as Scotland and Essex because they need the card and can’t find 5 day courses.

I will if possible offer a discount for Trucknet members - This depends on quantities booked. if it’s a busy week (and I have been full since the September deadline) then I can offer a discount. if the numbers drop and we’re on half a classroom then maybe not so much.

If this post constitutes an advert and that’s against forum rules I apologise and please delete it.

shep532:

No different to what I have seen from trainers in the newbies forum IMO

ROG:

shep532:

No different to what I have seen from trainers in the newbies forum IMO

Youre not advertising, metely stating what you do and what you charge. Theres no location, company name or contact details.
You’re just mentioning 5 day block training is available if people are prepared to search for it (or maybe send a PM :wink:)

Mark5:
Hi all

Your entitlement to your licence on all classes is there and will be given on your renewal with your medical that’s a cert.
To drive a truck you also need a DCPC and that’s not a problem.
You can keep your licence for the rest of your life and it will be on your licence for the rest of your life, but if you don’t do the DCPC you will never be able to drive one.
And that’s a fact.

Regards

Mark