Just Stop Oil

Carryfast:
Or to put it another way do as you say not as you do
If you’re supposedly so bothered about leaving all the fossil fuel in the ground then you’ll obviously want to live up to your ideals by doing whatever it takes to go on grid all electric at 50p per kWh like you’re telling everyone else to do.

No-one is saying that you should stop heating your house with gas or running your car on petrol. What is being said is that going forward, with the technology moving ahead in leaps and bounds, that it is better to create energy from renewable, rather than non-renewable sources. Solar farms in the Sahara Desert for example.

I honestly don’t understand how anyone could argue with that. But then neither do I understand how an HGV driver could be unable to find a job doing continental work in the 1980s.

Perhaps it’s me.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
As I said I don’t do Communism and I don’t aim to be forced out of the parental home that I contributed to and that I’ve been entrusted by my late parents to maintain what they worked for through their lives, by this clearly far left inspired wealth redistribution agenda.

Selling your house so you can spend the money is far left communism?

Carryfast:
Bearing in mind that I’ve actually tested the viability of using electric heating in only essential rooms as and when required.
None of which turned out to be worth it at 30p+ per kWh.
Good luck with shutting down the gas supply or equalising the price with electric as part of your crusade.

Large parts of rural Wales doesn’t have mains gas. Besides, point out to me where I said ‘shutting down the gas supply’ was part of my ‘crusade’?! Still making up peoples opinions then

Carryfast:
If I’m forced out as you’d obviously like

Ah yes because me saying you should sell as you could buy a much better property in the countryside for a better standard of life is very cruel of me. Forcing you out in such a manner. To be honest I couldn’t give a rats arse what you do, just making conversation.

Telling me my house is too much for my ‘needs’ and I should be forced out to meet the costs of your personal energy crusade, all based on the climate scam lies, is as Communist as it gets.

If you are saying that you’re happy with the status quo, of the continuing supply of fossil fuel, relative to unaffordable electric, for those of us who don’t buy into the climate narrative, or Harry’s idea that it’s supposedly all running out so everyone must stop using it except him,
then what’s the problem ?.
Bearing in mind that the present over inflated price of gas is mostly if not all the result of Carbon tax + VAT + a stated government aim of artificially loading gas prices to disincentivise it’s use v electric.
So that our own gas resources can be exported and sold to French consumers at a lower price than we pay because they don’t want the expense and danger of their own nuke electricity.
CO2 cooked Venus indeed.You believe it if you want to.But don’t use your personal belief in that regard as a pretext to take away the property that I and my parents worked for to pay for the resulting over inflated energy cost of it.

What happened to those idiots who climbed the QE 2 bridge? Last I heard they were remanded in custody.

We need to develop wave and tidal power. We know when the tides are flowing. No one can tell whether it will be windy or not. Mini hydro stations could be developed in lots of hilly locations. What goes on at that Drax place? Trees being converted to pellets then trucked across America to be shipped across the Atlantic. then put on trains and burnt, makes no sense at all.

alamcculloch:
We need to develop wave and tidal power. We know when the tides are flowing. No one can tell whether it will be windy or not. Mini hydro stations could be developed in lots of hilly locations. What goes on at that Drax place? Trees being converted to pellets then trucked across America to be shipped across the Atlantic. then put on trains and burnt, makes no sense at all.

We had localised hydro power in the form of water mills running numerous types of industries.It obviously didn’t cut it.
Hydro only really works if it’s on a large scale like the big Swiss and Norwegian examples not to mention the Hoover dam.
It’s clear that we’ve had a massive increase in so called ‘renewables’ of all types v fossil fuel combined with an equally massive increase in energy costs.
Let those who believe in the climate scam pay for it.Leave the status quo of the choice of fossil fuel use for those of us who don’t.
However we shouldn’t allow these useful idiot zealots to nuke the place in an inevitable Chernobyl type disaster.
Nor destroy the farmland that feeds us under solar panels.
Nor burn the living trees that convert CO2 into the Oxygen that we breathe, instead of burning long dead ones in the form of fossil fuel.
On that note 0.04% CO2 is the bare minimum required to sustain that photosynthesis process that ultimately creates that Oxygen.

Carryfast:
Telling me my house is too much for my ‘needs’ and I should be forced out to meet the costs of your personal energy crusade, all based on the climate scam lies, is as Communist as it gets.

Quote where I said any of that you old crackpot. I’ll wait…….

What I actually said was you should cash out and enjoy the money, you could buy a farm in Wales, which was also me making a joke at the expense of your utterly disastrous people skills. So yeah, sell your overpriced overvalued home in an area you don’t seem to like much anymore, mostly I imagine because too many people of the wrong colour moved in, and move to Wales and buy potentially hundreds of acres is so very communist you’re right, silly me. :unamused: Tho you’d be the disliked foreigner here :smiley: tho you’ve plenty experience of the former already

switchlogic:
I bet you live in a ridiculously large house for a perpetually always lonely single man. You strike me as sort if man who refuses to downsize as you think it’s your right to live in a family home 4 times the size of what’s required. I live in a tiny house which I love and makes sense for someone who’s also single, tho unlike you through choice. Email me if you’re desperate to know luke@lorry-driver.com )

You seem to have forgotten exactly what you wrote here.
Bearing in mind we’re not yet living in the far left utopia that the climate scam zealots are really all about.Yes it is my choice and right to live in the parental home that I’ve always lived in and that I’ve contributed to and helped to pay for and have been entrusted to maintain.
Not to liquidate it and throw it away to pay the extortionate energy costs of the climate zealot’s politically motivated wealth redistribution scam.

Carryfast:

switchlogic:
I bet you live in a ridiculously large house for a perpetually always lonely single man. You strike me as sort if man who refuses to downsize as you think it’s your right to live in a family home 4 times the size of what’s required. I live in a tiny house which I love and makes sense for someone who’s also single, tho unlike you through choice. Email me if you’re desperate to know luke@lorry-driver.com )

Bearing in mind we’re not yet living in the far left utopia that the climate scam zealots are really all about.Yes it is my choice and right to live in the parental home that I’ve always lived in and that I’ve contributed to and helped to pay for and have been entrusted to maintain.
Not to liquidate it and throw it away to pay the extortionate energy costs of the climate zealot’s politically motivated wealth redistribution scam.

I also said this…….

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
A three bed semi isn’t exactly a mansion.I also love it.
I’ll now await Harry to tell us that he’s going to move into a one room apartment.
So that he can switch to all that clean green nuke, biomass and solar fuelled mains electric at 50p per kWh that, like you, he wants to impose on us all.
Good luck with that.

Still 3 times too big tho. Probably worth a fortune where you are. Have you never thought about moving out into the sticks? Middle of nowhere is sort of ideal with your first class people skills. Out here in Wales you could probably buy a farm for what your house is worth, tho prices are rising.

How very far left of me, telling you to spend your own money…….on yourself. What on earth is the point in dying in that house so all that value can be left to someone else? Is there anyone else?

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:
Or to put it another way do as you say not as you do
If you’re supposedly so bothered about leaving all the fossil fuel in the ground then you’ll obviously want to live up to your ideals by doing whatever it takes to go on grid all electric at 50p per kWh like you’re telling everyone else to do.

No-one is saying that you should stop heating your house with gas or running your car on petrol. What is being said is that going forward, with the technology moving ahead in leaps and bounds, that it is better to create energy from renewable, rather than non-renewable sources. Solar farms in the Sahara Desert for example.

I honestly don’t understand how anyone could argue with that. But then neither do I understand how an HGV driver could be unable to find a job doing continental work in the 1980s.

Perhaps it’s me.

So you’re saying that actually you’re happy to continue with the choice of fossil fuel ( obviously without the carbon tax being loaded on it ), for those who don’t believe in the climate scam or that it’s all running out any time soon ?.
As for your Sahara solar fuelled utopia good luck with that.Bearing in mind that solar panels cost over £1,000 per kW + the transmission losses and being controlled by hostile Arabs.Which probably explains why we’re not already using cheap Saharan solar energy and we’re paying over 30p per kWh for all that locally produced ‘renewable’ electric including the almost 20p per kWh subsidy which ends in April.Its also why you’re happy to use coal and oil as and when it suits you.
The truth is previous generations never gave a zb about stripping the planet of its forestation which is the real reason for the small increase in the planet’s CO2 level and the predictably larger corresponding decrease in Oxygen and now you want to add to the problem by removing its salvation in the form of fossil fuel use.Resulting in yet more deforestation and wrecking of soil and plant life under solar panels and the inevitable nuke disaster or two.Not to mention possibly reducing CO2 levels below sustainable Photosynthesis level and with it our Oxygen supply.
Green indeed.

switchlogic:

Carryfast:

switchlogic:

I also said this…….

switchlogic:

Carryfast:
A three bed semi isn’t exactly a mansion.I also love it.
I’ll now await Harry to tell us that he’s going to move into a one room apartment.
So that he can switch to all that clean green nuke, biomass and solar fuelled mains electric at 50p per kWh that, like you, he wants to impose on us all.
Good luck with that.

Still 3 times too big tho. Probably worth a fortune where you are. Have you never thought about moving out into the sticks? Middle of nowhere is sort of ideal with your first class people skills. Out here in Wales you could probably buy a farm for what your house is worth, tho prices are rising.

How very far left of me, telling you to spend your own money…….on yourself. What on earth is the point in dying in that house so all that value can be left to someone else? Is there anyone else?

You actually clearly said move out and downsize to meet the extortionate energy costs of going all electric to meet your personal climate scam belief and agenda.
Bearing in mind that all the property and living standards we have in life no longer applies or matters after we’re dead.While I like living here.
Which is why I’ve liquidated as much of the equity in it as possible to maintain it and to meet living costs.The bank then takes what it’s owed when I’m dead.
That obviously doesn’t mean throwing it all away to live in a small barn conversion or primitive cottage, in a Welsh field, with a 1-2kw electric heater and get a bicycle, all to reduce my supposed carbon footprint.
Which would obviously defeat the object of all that my parents and myself had worked for.
Your point therefore being what.

How I imagine Carryfast spends his evenings. This and watching nut jobs on YouTube
EDD64D80-C081-4D03-A4B6-6F68BCC4D747.jpeg

Carryfast:
As for your Sahara solar fuelled utopia good luck with that.Bearing in mind that solar panels cost over £1,000 per kW

£1,000 per kW if you buy ten to put on the roof of your house. Not if you buy a desert load. And then you are virtually guaranteed 16 hours per day of solar power for the next 20 years. 16 x 365 x 20 =116,800. Which is why huge solar farms are currently being built there.

globalconstructionreview.co … ra-desert/

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:
As for your Sahara solar fuelled utopia good luck with that.Bearing in mind that solar panels cost over £1,000 per kW

£1,000 per kW if you buy ten to put on the roof of your house. Not if you buy a desert load. And then you are virtually guaranteed 16 hours per day of solar power for the next 20 years. 16 x 365 x 20 =116,800. Which is why huge solar farms are currently being built there.

I`m all with your sentiments, Harry, but over a year everywhere gets about 12hrs of light and 12 of dark.

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

I`m all with your sentiments, Harry, but over a year everywhere gets about 12hrs of light and 12 of dark.

“When fully constructed, the project will cover an area three times the size of Manhattan. Hundreds of thousands of parabolic mirrors will be arranged to direct the intense Saharan sun at CSP towers reaching as tall as 200m. Heat will be stored in molten salts that run through these towers, heating steam to turn turbines but also, as the salt can hold heat for hours, power can be generated long after the sun stops shining”.

power-technology.com/featur … ry-europe/

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

“When fully constructed, the project will cover an area three times the size of Manhattan. Hundreds of thousands of parabolic mirrors will be arranged to direct the intense Saharan sun at CSP towers reaching as tall as 200m. Heat will be stored in molten salts that run through these towers, heating steam to turn turbines but also, as the salt can hold heat for hours, power can be generated long after the sun stops shining”.

My apologies, and thanks for the info. Very clever stuff.

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

Do the maths.
Call it £500 per kilowatt v lifespan of a solar panel v replacement cost.
Bearing in mind that if demand increases that generally means the price increases.
Present UK electric winter demand = around 60 gw.Call it 120gw in the brave new all electric utopia at £500,000,000 per gw + transmission losses between the Sahara and here.Bearing in mind winter daylight hours are around 8 hours in the Sahara and all the booster substations required just to sustain the transmission losses across the national grid.
Which probably partly explains the massive increase in electricity costs in line with the increase in so called renewables.
While at best no one with any grasp of maths wants to use electric for domestic heating let alone running the car or obviously even to heat and propel a narrow boat
Good luck with that with or without the help of the Sahara sunshine.
The truth is this scam is going to turn the country into a nuked, treeless, infertile wasteland at 50p per kWh and rising for the privilege.All based on the lie that CO2 cooked Venus.If not fossil fuel is all running out
So we must leave it all in the ground instead of using it.
Which in reality means exporting it to sustain sweatshop economies and hypocritical Euroland States like France and Germany, at our expense.

Harry Monk:

Franglais:

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

Meanwhile back in the real world of paying for all those half price solar panels x 100gw.
Which explains why Harry needs all that coal and diesel to power his boat because he just ain’t got enough solar panels for the job even if he could afford to pay for them all.

euractiv.com/section/trade-s … ort-dream/

Harry Monk:

Carryfast:

Don’t they have nighttime in the desert?
Maybe 12 hrs a day would be an approximation of the absolute max. [emoji6]

stu675:
Don’t they have nighttime in the desert?
Maybe 12 hrs a day would be an approximation of the absolute max.

It always pays to read the whole thread before posting.

Carryfast:
You actually clearly said move out and downsize to meet the extortionate energy costs of going all electric to meet your personal climate scam belief and agenda.
Bearing in mind that all the property and living standards we have in life no longer applies or matters after we’re dead.While I like living here.
Which is why I’ve liquidated as much of the equity in it as possible to maintain it and to meet living costs.The bank then takes what it’s owed when I’m dead.
That obviously doesn’t mean throwing it all away to live in a small barn conversion or primitive cottage, in a Welsh field, with a 1-2kw electric heater and get a bicycle, all to reduce my supposed carbon footprint.
Which would obviously defeat the object of all that my parents and myself had worked for.
Your point therefore being what.

One thing that’s become more obvious as it’s gone on- you have one of the most mind numbingly boring lives of anyone I’ve ever encountered. A career that you gave up after 5 minutes and a house you’ve lived in since you were a child :smiley: I think it’s probably fairly obvious at this stage how you turned into a total fruit loop. Have a nice weekend.