Just started the ball rolling

Hi guys and gals my name is John

Well I thought it be a good time to start the ball rolling and go for my cat c. I’ve been in 3.5’s and 7.5’s for some years and would like something different.

I’ve got the D2 and have downloaded the D4. I did some searching and found drivermedicals.com to be most affordable and local enough so will be booking with them. I phoned my own doctors and they quoted me £100.50p. Well I fell on the floor laughing as you’d expect.

Any how the only thing that concerns me after some reading is my driving record. I have (and I’m not proud of it made mistakes) 3 DR10’s however I only have one now showing on me license which will be off in 18 months. How do you think it will go when commissioner chappy sees the request for a provisional. Let’s face it these were all some time ago and I’ve nod had any bother for a good 9 years now.

Let me know your thoughts I’d be interested.

I am going to go ahead and apply etc so will let you all know how it goes as it goes.

Thanks for reading

John of ov Lancashire, UK

johnnie5:
How do you think it will go when commissioner chappy sees the request for a provisional.

He \ She would be another that "fell on the floor laughing ".

johnnie5:
I have (and I’m not proud of it made mistakes) 3 DR10’s however I only have one now showing on me license

Before you take the next step I would seriously make some research into HGV jobs and what type of drivers employers are AVOIDING. If you intending using agencies be prepared for a “cough” answer.

I’m not saying that you won’t get a break after 18 months, but I’d seriously do some research as MOST companies nowdays ask the questions “Have you EVER been convicted of drink \ drug related offence”. You would have to declare your answer accurately regardless if it was currently on your licence or not.

You shouldn’t have a problem getting the licence but employers wont be impressed. But you’ll still find a start if you persist.

Good luck with it, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

3 dr10’s i would suggest you send your licence back to dvla you clearly have drink related issues not one but 3 dr’s i would seriously doubt you getting a job if you dont declare them and have an accident and it comes out your gonna get sacked as insurance would be void.

If two have gone and the other one has only 18months left to run then that means that eight and a half years have passed since the last offence.

It’s quite clear that the OP used to have a drink problem, but it is in the past, the fact that he hasn’t got four DR10s hints that he may have addressed this problem. Or he’s got a lot better at it!

My advice, go for it, you may get lucky right away, if not, in a year and a half the game changes, once you’ve no trace on your licence then nobody needs to know about it.

It’s called rehabilitation and the law says you are rehabillitated, so no need to pay for the rest of your life.

Unless you killed or seriously injured someone whilst drunk behind the wheel, then my advice would be different and shorter, just two words in fact and the second one is off. .

johnnie5:

Well I thought it be a good time to start the ball rolling and go for my cat c. I’ve been in 3.5’s and 7.5’s for some years and would like something different.

I’ve got the D2 and have downloaded the D4. I did some searching and found drivermedicals.com to be most affordable and local enough so will be booking with them. I phoned my own doctors and they quoted me £100.50p. Well I fell on the floor laughing as you’d expect.

Any how the only thing that concerns me after some reading is my driving record. I have (and I’m not proud of it made mistakes) 3 DR10’s however I only have one now showing on me license which will be off in 18 months. How do you think it will go when commissioner chappy sees the request for a provisional. Let’s face it these were all some time ago and I’ve nod had any bother for a good 9 years now.

I am going to go ahead and apply etc so will let you all know how it goes as it goes.

Thanks for reading

I’ll be honest mate, what sort of job do you think you’re going to get?

There are 1000s of qualified drivers around, if you were the employer and you had the choice of someone with ANY history of DR / DD or someone with a clean licence who would you choose?

I’ve just moved jobs and had to sign a disclaimer that I had to declare ANY offence previous points ect

Regards

Rasen H:

johnnie5:

Thanks for reading

I’ll be honest mate, what sort of job do you think you’re going to get?

There are 1000s of qualified drivers around, if you were the employer and you had the choice of someone with ANY history of DR / DD or someone with a clean licence who would you choose?

I’ve just moved jobs and had to sign a disclaimer that I had to declare ANY offence previous points ect

Regards

Rasen, why bother resurrecting a thread from last August when the OP only ever made one post?