Just started on containers. Need a hand

Buy a push bike and a set of bar bell weights to keep fit on a 5 hour tip of handball boxes.
I used to give goods in my mobile phone number to say call me when empty and cycle down rural lanes for a few hours.
Containers are like Marmite , you either like it or hate it.
It is a lot of waiting around,then finding empty yards in the back of beyond.
Containers are imported from exotic countries that are hosts to snakes, spider and insects.
Expect a few hours wait for fumigation and ventilation.
Paint and varnish fumes have to be vented off before goods in staff will unload the box.
Never stand too close to the rear doors when opening the box.
The load may have shifted and end up falling on you and killing you.

just a few more to add …make sure box is on the right way round ,seen a few deliveries where it was an oops moment

So where do majority of containers get delivered to? Small/mid depots?

speno:
So where do majority of containers get delivered to? Small/mid depots?

to anywhere.
and not bad if you have hummers or tube.because sometime problem -opened or closed containers.
and must have some cable or or cord.in some containers door pay when you open

As the man says anywhere, from the smallest farms to the biggest RDC and every where else including housing estates which can be a bugger to get in and out of. Personal belongings of people moving abroad or coming back, usually a 20’ but not always

Any of you had the joy of using a 20’ skelly trailer? Hilarious going round roundabouts loaded with coal, or reversing into tight bays.

Not used a 20’ trailer, the strangest load I’ve driven was twenty ton of liquid latex in a big plastic bag in a 20’ box and it went in the 20’ position. You’d have to be some kind of idiot to put it in the 30’ position.

Hi, Just to add to the questions :smiley: Once you get to the delivery with a 20ft, I’m guessing its best to reverse up to where you want the trailer then slid it to the back? Once you’ve slid the trailer and all the weight is on the back, my understanding is that it shouldn’t be manoeuvred with the box at the back, but a little clarification would be great please.

tackleberry:
Hi, Just to add to the questions :smiley: Once you get to the delivery with a 20ft, I’m guessing its best to reverse up to where you want the trailer then slid it to the back? Once you’ve slid the trailer and all the weight is on the back, my understanding is that it shouldn’t be manoeuvred with the box at the back, but a little clarification would be great please.

Yes mate, get as close as you can to tip point then shrink, you can end up burning a lot of rubber trying to move it far when shrunk if it has weight.

bazstan009:

tackleberry:

Yes mate, get as close as you can to tip point then shrink, you can end up burning a lot of rubber trying to move it far when shrunk if it has weight.