Just saying Hi.

Just saying Hi.

This my first post to say Hi. I have been reading the site for a few months now. Have just passed my class 1 on 2 November at the third attempt, Did it with Westcountry Transport Training who I would recommend. I am now looking for some weekend driving to get some experience. I live in Newquay so if anyone knows of anyone who will give a new class one a chance in Cornwall I would be very pleased to hear from them.

Chris

Welcome

Welcome.

Congratulations on passing Class 1.

Best bet would be to go and find your local driving agencies. Not sure how many there are down there but am guessing there will be some.

Just curious… but…

Any reason why only weekend work?

Are you in a m-f job at the moment.

You may find that there is plenty of weekend work as the regulars run out of driving . working hours by the weekend.

Good luck

Dean

Is this the one you passed in?

chris140472:
Did it with Westcountry Transport Training who I would recommend

Hopefully a moderator will add it to the list

dar1976:
Any reason why only weekend work?

Are you in a m-f job at the moment.

If you are in a mon to fri job then to comply with the weekly rest rules you will likely be only able to do one day on EU driver regs every other weekend

Thanks for the welcome and the fireworks.

Yes that is who I did it with and that is Tim my instructor in the picture. The truck is now painted the shade of green as used on the website. One day every other week. That was my understanding. I am at the moment working 37 hours a week in a government call centre but with cutbacks etc. I do not see it lasting much longer.

Hi and congrats

Welcome to the site and congratulations on passing your tests

Jen x

hi me and you both passed our tests on same day was my 3rd attempt too crazy lol :slight_smile:

Hi Sl_A

Congratulations to you as well! Have you had and driving since the test yet? As yet none for me but I am looking.

im looking dropping cv’s every where luckly im on a decent paid class 2 job atm but cant wait to get on the big boys now lol