Just recently joined

Hello thought I should introduce myself my name is Scott and I’m currently a bus driver ( I hate it ) I passed my class 1 in 2009 and no matter how often I look there never seems to be any haulage work around. Due to the fact I don’t want to be a bus driver anymore (cos I hate it) I’m going to walk round and introduce myself to as many haulage companies in my area I can.

What a great site by the way guys and girls loads of interesting reading material and great photos.

All the best

Scott.

You could always widen your search from Darlington although sorry to say not a lot around atm or not in this area

Hey thanks for the comment. I’m not just looking in Darlington I’m looking Durham, Sunderland peterlee and etc. Ive got a week off work so I going to fire into a mass job search. Always wanted to be a truck driver so got to fight hard for what I want lol.

welcome to the forums mate, get your self out there, meet people get chatting to TM’s something will pop up at some point

Newton Aycliff could be a good 1 also Middlesborough but not sure if anything there as some are lying off

But go & try as you never know what will turn up

You could try a bit further south as well

Thank you LR18-8 and animal.
I will look further afield not bothered about traveling aslong as its tramping work makes it more worth while. I am going to look everywhere over the next week starting local to Scotland and Kent lol.

If you are still looking in March, try Murray Hogg as they usually take on holiday cover April time. If you are ok, he does not finish you at the end of the holiday season. You would be jumping from truck to truck,but that’s what you have to do.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.003436,-1.723632

Good luck Scottie, you’ve had your Class 1 for two years now so that should be a big hurdle out of the way. There are jobs around, it’s a case of striking lucky when you look. Probably stand more chance in Kent, to be honest.

This

greggsfamily.co.uk/apply/vie … x?id=25715

Job ID: WAR/41671
Job title: CLASS 1 DRIVER
Job description:
Class 1 driver required for an immediate start to work Thursday to Sunday to deliver chilled-frozen goods around the UK. On occasions you may be required to spend 1 or 2 nights away. The ideal candidate needs to be flexible, punctual, well presented and a polite individual. You must hold a HGV Class 1 licence with no more than 6 points for minor convictions. and also hold a digital tacho card. for more information please cal 0191 5654020.

How to apply:
You can apply for this job by telephoning 0191 5654020 ext 25 and asking for John Hickin.

Hours: 48 HOURS OVER 4 DAYS
Wage: £7.75 to £12 Per Hour
Date received: 05/01/2012
Perm/temp: Permenant

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.001960,-1.675293

The jobs for Fowler Welch at Washington, a good company to work for.

I am here: maps.google.com/maps?ll=55.001784,-1.675607

Thank you everyone for the advice much appreciated. Any more advice throw it my way please :smiley:

Well, I’ll give the same advice as I have always given, put your sleeping bag, holdall and all your night-out gear in your car, then drive around on a Monday morning, stopping anywhere you see a truck parked up.

Everybody needs a Unique Selling Point (USP). Your USP is “I can start now. Right now. Right this very minute”.

To a Transport Manager who has been let down by a driver on a sickie at the last minute and who has the client screaming down the phone at him, asking him where the hell his goods are, you will be like a Vision from Heaven. :wink:

Banged out quite a few applications and today I went to see one of the companies not a interview but more of me introducing myself let them take photo copies of my license CPC card and digi tach soooooo fingers crossed I may start living the dream lol.