Just received another ADR licence, unexpectedly!

Quick question - I just received an ADR licence in the post. I was not expecting one, as mine is still valid, I haven’t lost it and have not requested a replacement. Why would I have been sent this?

Regards,

Ainslie

Guys?

Gingerpose:
Quick question - I just received an ADR licence in the post. I was not expecting one, as mine is still valid, I haven’t lost it and have not requested a replacement. Why would I have been sent this?

Regards,

Ainslie

Hi mate,

Unless you’ve moved house, or added an extra module to an existing ADR certificate, then I’m stumped as to why DVLA have seen fit to send you another ADR licence.

Please check your entitlements carefully at the bottom right hand quarter of the two certificates, to see whether they are the same.

Next, please check the “issue number” is a higher number on the new certificate, eg the ‘old’ cert is issue 01 and the ‘new’ cert is 02.

If the entitlements are identical on the two certificates, then simply destroy the old one because you should only ever use the certificate showing the highest issue number.

If you really want to know the reason behind this, then I’d suggest that you phone DVLA.

Dave, thanks for the reply. The entitlements was the first thing I checked - no change there, in fact the only differences were the issue number (02 on the new one, 01 on the old) and the serial number.
I’ll retire the old one now.
Cheers,

Ainslie