just passed

Hi all, just passed my class2 and just not sure what or where to turn next. Ideally I would like some weekend work just to get some experience etc. keep my normal job till ive managed to squirrel enough away to do my class 1 next year any pointers etc to agencies in the kent area?
cheers
Jeff

Congratulations!

I dont have anything to input on this but am very interested as I am in a similar situation. I passed my class 2 in October and my class 1 last Friday. Hope you find the answers you need. Good luck

jeffuk13:
Hi all, just passed my class2 and just not sure what or where to turn next. Ideally I would like some weekend work just to get some experience etc. keep my normal job till ive managed to squirrel enough away to do my class 1 next year any pointers etc to agencies in the kent area?
cheers
Jeff

SMS in aylesford. They supply to palmer and Harvey who are usually crying out for drivers on a Saturday.

:smiley: :smiley:

Thanks guys and made me chuckle rog :slight_smile: :laughing:

Well done Jeff.I’m with ASH on the Medway City Estate,and Interaction in Maidstone. I’ve found both good. The lovely Sarah at ASH got me my first permanent Cat C gig :smiley: .
Treat your average agency with suspicion. Most aren’t offering you work because they’re worried about you. Make them work for YOU. I’ve found some agencies aren’t interested in PAYE. And I’m not interested in LTD or umbrella,and all that caper. If you’re not too fussy about the type of work,you’ll find something with money and hours that suit you :smiley:

Thanks Nobby, to be quite honest i’d do it for peanuts for a few months just to get some hours under my belt, think medway might be a bit far to go, ideally canterbury area but if nothing else then further afield i must go :smiley:

jeffuk13:
Thanks Nobby, to be quite honest i’d do it for peanuts for a few months just to get some hours under my belt, think medway might be a bit far to go, ideally canterbury area but if nothing else then further afield i must go :smiley:

Absolute wrong thing to even think ,Ile do it free would be better ?.why do it for peanuts and drag the wages down even further :unamused:

jeffuk13:

I understand what you’re saying,it’s all about getting a start. But don’t under-sell yourself. You’re a bum on a seat and you should charge accordingly. Agencies will be crying out for drivers from now until Christmas. Total Jobs is a good website. Good luck :smiley:

As a new driver with no experience or driving references from previous employers i can’t see that agencies or employers are going to offer you top rates from the start. You have to get the experience first and if you get good feedback and are reliable and seen as useful then ask for a better rate as you’ll have the experience and good references to show.

Same as full time work normally has a starting rate rising when completed probation periods and proved yourself.

Say that good luck getting work with agencies just sign up with as many as you can use em and abuse em they do with you :laughing: