Just passed my Cat C-a quick question re: digital tachos

animal:

JaxDemon:
Sorry to hijack thread. But my question is kinda similar.

I’ve passed test and mod 4. I’ve sent off Driving licence last week.

I’ve received Tacho card and I’m waiting for DQC card and my licence back.

Am I legally allowed to drive now or do I need to wait for the other two cards to come back to me first?

Need to wait I am afraid to say as most employers / agency like to see & photo copy them all

Animal

Thanks for the quick response. Appreciate it.

JaxDemon:

Am I legally allowed to drive now or do I need to wait for the other two cards to come back to me first?

You can certainly drive while you’re waiting for your DQC card and I believe you can drive while waiting for your licence to come back.

However, as animal said the chances of you finding anyone who will let you drive their vehicle without seeing your DQC or licence is remote to say the least.

tachograph:

JaxDemon:

You can certainly drive while you’re waiting for your DQC card and I believe you can drive while waiting for your licence to come back.

However, as animal said the chances of you finding anyone who will let you drive their vehicle without seeing your DQC or licence is remote to say the least.

Ah see my company paid for my training so no doubt then I’ll be driving soon as I show them I have the card because I know what they are like lol.

Don’t forget you have to carry your DQC card at all times same with your driving licence so if by chance your stopped by VOSA you can show them all as they do like to see them

animal:
Don’t forget you have to carry your DQC card at all times same with your driving licence so if by chance your stopped by VOSA you can show them all as they do like to see them

That would mean I can’t drive it then because I don’t have them cards yet. Only Tacho.

I’ve got to be careful because I don’t want to lose something I’ve just got from what my company will tell me because they will say anything claim it’s law.

animal:

If driving a vehicle for which Driver CPC is required, you must carry your DQC or, if you are waiting for it to be issued after passing Modules 2 and 4, the pass certificate you were handed after passing Module 4.

You must carry your digital tachograph card if you have been issued with one, are driving a tachograph equipped vehicle and the rules require you to use the tachograph, even if the vehicle you are driving has an analogue tachograph. You must also carry any analogue tachograph charts for the current day and the 28 days before the current day (you send or give them to the relevant employer once you no longer need them on your person).

The law does not require you to carry your driving licence, though it would be unusual for a professional driver not to carry it as many employers require you to keep it on you.

djw:

animal:

If driving a vehicle for which Driver CPC is required, you must carry your DQC or, if you are waiting for it to be issued after passing Modules 2 and 4, the pass certificate you were handed after passing Module 4.

You must carry your digital tachograph card if you have been issued with one, are driving a tachograph equipped vehicle and the rules require you to use the tachograph, even if the vehicle you are driving has an analogue tachograph. You must also carry any analogue tachograph charts for the current day and the 28 days before the current day (you send or give them to the relevant employer once you no longer need them on your person).

The law does not require you to carry your driving licence, though it would be unusual for a professional driver not to carry it as many employers require you to keep it on you.

So I can use the certificate. That’s handy to know.

Thanks again for the replies everyone.

As long as you’ve passed the relevant tests or done the relevant training you definitely can drive while waiting for a DCQ to be delivered.

The Vehicle Drivers (Certificates of Professional Competence) Regulations 2007

11.—(1) Subject to paragraph (4), a person who is required to hold a CPC by virtue of regulation 9(1) and who does not carry with him in the vehicle which he is driving evidence of that CPC as specified in paragraph (2) is guilty of an offence.

(4) Paragraph (1) does not apply to a person who has made an application to the competent authority for a driver qualification card under regulation 8(1) and not yet received that card.