Just passed me class 1

Hi all

Just recently passed me class 1 on thursday, anyone know of any companies around manchester that take on new passes

cheers

Well done mate.
Try an agency and err… ‘exaggerate’ your experience. Gain some and doors will open for you.
Unethical maybe, but if you are honest with them, it could hold you back.
It’s real world stuff and you have to look after number one, and let’s face it nobody gives a ■■■■ about agencies.
Good luck, and don’t let them or anybody else take advantage or liberties…good advice btw. :bulb:

Cue; the self righteous amongst us. :unamused: :smiley:

No sure how far away from you they are but you could try William kirk transport in Adlington near Macclesfield.

Transline (agency) state they will take on new license drivers, never worked for them so can,t comment further.

Rip

My local agency used to bung newbies on 7.5t and then work them up.

Have you had your class 2 for a while? Why not try someone that runs both? Sign up for rigids, but don’t forget to tell them it’s artic work you’re after. It’s amazing how quickly policies get forgotten about when someone is on holiday or rings in sick? And if there’s no work, they might let you do a bit of shunting or reversing practice to keep your hand in.

All this info from a bloke who drove a 7.5 for about a year after getting his class 1, and after that he only stepped up to class 2. Took him over 2 years (rigids only there) to jump ship and drive class 1

Baldy91:
No sure how far away from you they are but you could try William kirk transport in Adlington near Macclesfield.

Our Shared space “roundels” will give him something to think about, as will the 2 years roadworks whilst they connect the A6 to the M56 at the airport :smiley: