Just passed driving test what next?

So passed my driving test yesterday (on the second attempt unfortunately :blush: ) Ive got CPC mod 2 done and awaiting my licence back so I can do CPC mod 4. Just wondering in the mean time what else do I need to do/can I do to speed the process up so I can get working as quick as possible? Can I apply for a tachograph card or apply for anything else I might need in the mean time while my drivers licence is away?

Thanks in advance.

Firstly, congratulations on the pass - and don’t beat yourself up on a second attempt. Your licence will probably be with you within a few days. You can apply for a digicard in the meantime.

All the best with your Mod 4. Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Owen:
So passed my driving test yesterday (on the second attempt unfortunately :blush: ) Ive got CPC mod 2 done and awaiting my licence back so I can do CPC mod 4. Just wondering in the mean time what else do I need to do/can I do to speed the process up so I can get working as quick as possible? Can I apply for a tachograph card or apply for anything else I might need in the mean time while my drivers licence is away?

Thanks in advance.

A Pass is a pass! I failed first time of daft things which I put down to nerves and 2nd time we both knew what to expect.

You can apply for tachograph but you need your DCPQ card before you can drive commercially!

There seem to be many who think that a digicard can only be applied for when they have LGV (or PCV) yet it can be applied for with just a B licence

Commercially driving 3.5 van towing a 750 kg MAM trailer puts it into tacho regs (unless an exemption applies) and that can be done on a B licence

Thanks guys have downloaded the form for digi card will send that off today.

what is the DCPQ card? is this just the drivers qualification card? and how do I go about applying for it?

The Qualification Card you will get automatically when you’ve earned it by doing the 2 and 4

Well done BRUVA the feeling is good I remember it like it was yesterday I also rember touching the barrier on the reverse.

And good name THE MISSUS

YOU WILL USE THIS LOTS AS A DRIVER LOLOUDASYOU CAN. :sunglasses:

Digit369:
Well done BRUVA the feeling is good I remember it like it was yesterday I also rember touching the barrier on the reverse.

And good name THE MISSUS

YOU WILL USE THIS LOTS AS A DRIVER LOLOUDASYOU CAN. :sunglasses:

I should really change it now; I joined originally to use the site to find info for the other half who is also Class 1, but ended up getting my own licences! [emoji16]