just passed cat c and cpc mod 4.

hi, im new round here :smiley:

been going for my class 2 licence since January, and it finally happened for me last month, and today i passed my cpc mod4 so i can drive for a living. :sunglasses:

mostly came on here to recommend Celtic Transport Training, down here in cornwall.

cant praise him enough, he’s a excellent instructor, and i cant fault him. it may have taken me 3 goes, but that’s because i kept repeating the same stupid mistakes (and 1st time round, i just wasn’t ready). he gave me a big discount for my 2nd Attempt and a even bigger one for go 3|(must have been ■■■■ near cost), and he did my cpc training and test day for the sum total of the test fee.

i’ve seen your recommended trainers list, and would like to see him added.

celtictransporttraining.co.u … /Home.html

so, um, hi!" :stuck_out_tongue:

(yes that really is the correct url, its not setup properly, obviously :laughing: )

Well done on your recent passes.

Any work lined up? I’m guessing there isn’t a great deal of work available down there.

Any thoughts of going for Artic licence either soon or in the future?

Best of luck in your career

i was originally planning to do Arctic straight after but decided against it for 2 reasons.

one is i think i need more time driving rigid and gain some experience.
two is it cost me 3 times as much as i planned for rigid, so i ran out of money. i sold my car to pay for it and was hoping to have some left over but rigid and the cpc’s cost me all i had saved. and then some.

there is actually more work down here in cornwall than you would think. ive already got 3 agency’s (i’d rather avoid them) and 1 company saying they have more work than drivers, and they’ll call me soon, but i really want a permanent position with 1 company, as i am working as a telecoms engineer at the moment (not as well paid as you’d think) and im not leaving that for a days work here and there. that and im 24 so more work will likely appear next year.

qwakers:
hi, im new round here :smiley:

been going for my class 2 licence since January, and it finally happened for me last month, and today i passed my cpc mod4 so i can drive for a living. :sunglasses:

Hi qwackers,

And…

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your LGV “C” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

qwakers:
mostly came on here to recommend Celtic Transport Training, down here in cornwall.

cant praise him enough, he’s a excellent instructor, and i cant fault him. it may have taken me 3 goes, but that’s because i kept repeating the same stupid mistakes (and 1st time round, i just wasn’t ready). he gave me a big discount for my 2nd Attempt and a even bigger one for go 3|(must have been ■■■■ near cost), and he did my cpc training and test day for the sum total of the test fee.

i’ve seen your recommended trainers list, and would like to see him added.

celtictransporttraining.co.u … /Home.html

Agreed, it’s a strange-looking Web-addy, but I’ve now added Celtic to the TN list of recommended LGV driving tuition providers. If need be, I’ll happily correct the link once he’s got his website sorted.

Thanks for the recommendation. :smiley:

qwakers:

Congratulations on getting your C licence, well done.

As Dean says, consider doing your C+E (when you can afford it) as it will put you in a better job-hunting position. I struggled to get C work but once I had my C+E things got a lot easier. Employers who have C and C+E vehicles are more likely to employ someone who can drive either.

Good luck with the job-hunt.

Alan