Just passed C+E!

Just got home after passing my first attempt at the C+E test!! Got 2 minors and a bollocking for not checking my mirrors enough while we were waiting at some traffic lights next to a busy bus stop. Had a brilliant examiner who wouldn’t shut up talking to me, really put me at ease, much better than the DSA robots I’ve had for most of my other tests. Thank you to everyone at Peter Smythe Transport Training in Mansfield for making the whole process easy and enjoyable. Now the hard bit - finding a job. If anybody knows anyone willing to trust a 26 year old, newly qualified C+E driver with 40 tonnes of their metal, let me know.

SmashedCrabFace:
Just got home after passing my first attempt at the C+E test!!

I am fairly certain that Peter Smythe does CE in W&D

SmashedCrabFace:
Just got home after passing my first attempt at the C+E test!!

Hi SCF,

:grimacing: CONGRATULATIONS on passing your “C+E” test :smiley:
:smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley: :grimacing: :smiley: :smiley:

SmashedCrabFace:
Thank you to everyone at Peter Smythe Transport Training in Mansfield for making the whole process easy and enjoyable. Now the hard bit - finding a job. If anybody knows anyone willing to trust a 26 year old, newly qualified C+E driver with 40 tonnes of their metal, let me know.

:bulb: Peter and his staff have contacts in various transport companies, have you tried asking whether they know of anything that would be suitable for you?

Congratulations and a mighty good score if I may say so

Good luck in finding work

Jennie x

Well done matey

Congrats!

Well done on the 1st time pass with 2 minors. Great result :wink:

Great feeling ain’t it. I passed mine yesterday 1st time with 5 minors so I now home you’re feeling. Still grinning? I am :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Best of luck matey

Nez

Woo hoo!! Well done!! Must feel like a million bucks!!! :grimacing:

Laz

Top dollar!! Its a great feeling aint it!!! Perfect

Very well done and congratulations!! Sorry I missed you but you obviously coped perfectly well without me.

Give me a call if you want contacts for work. 07906 501120.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

Thank you everyone and thank you Peter, I will certainly be in touch once my licence and digital tachograph card arrives.

To anyone thinking about upgrading their licence, my advice is to do it. I had been thinking about doing it for years but was always put off by how complicated and time consuming the whole process seemed. I now wish I had done it sooner. I had my medical at the end of April this year. A little over three months later and the whole process is complete, including the initial CPC. All I needed was 12 days off work, a couple of grand and a strong desire to realise my dream. If it’s what you want, take the plunge and get it done. Don’t think about it for 7 years like I did, you are only delaying the inevitable.

Thanks for listening,
SmashedCrabFace.

Just seen your post!!! :blush:

Well done matey :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

John.

best wishes with your new qualifications…one BIG STEP up the ladder, best thing is you will have it forever:)