Just out of interest..........

How long can you dead hang for ? I never thought of it before but then last night at a party after some real ale the challenge was on :unamused: having been told to do 2 mins I was the first up for 2 mins 5 secs but then got beat by 5 secs so went again and did 2 min 15 secs :laughing:

I keep something in my trousers that’s been dead hanging for the last ten years or so. Hope that helps!

Dead hang?
Is this some kind of weird Derbyshire Hillbilly pub game pass time Dan ?
Only done to the sound of duelling banjos over a pint of Theakstons Old Rat’s ■■■■…or some other primitive type drink.

the maoster:
I keep something in my trousers that’s been dead hanging for the last ten years or so. Hope that helps!

:laughing:

robroy:
Dead hang?
Only done to the sound of duelling banjos over a pint of Theakstons Old Rat’s ■■■■…or some other primitive type drink.

Proper ale a barrel of Hartington ipa we had on the go ,and a 45 ft step frame curtainsider stage level with the lawn :sunglasses:
No banjos the old man is still in Ireland I got get a load up D& G way to pick him up :laughing:
Any way get your self up a lamp post with a timer :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Dead hang?

Proper ale a barrel of Hartington ipa we had on the go ,and a 45 ft step frame curtainsider stage level with the lawn :sunglasses:
No banjos the old man is still in Ireland I got get a load up D& G way to pick him up :laughing:
Any way get your self up a lamp post with a timer :sunglasses: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

You still haven’t explained this quaint activity to us civilised types.

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Dead hang?

Hang by your hands off a bar or similar for as long as you can ,my Dad is 75 he can do it for ages even on one arm doing pull ups :open_mouth:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:
Dead hang?

Hang by your hands off a bar or similar for as long as you can ,my Dad is 75 he can do it for ages even on one arm doing pull ups :open_mouth:

Can I be excused?..the tendons in my upper arms are totally rubber ducked.
I blame years of roping and sheeting… and fighting on with primitive gear boxes in old British trucks. :wink: :smiley:

robroy:
…the tendons in my upper arms are totally rubber ducked.
I blame years of roping and sheeting… and fighting on with primitive gear boxes in old British trucks. :wink: :smiley:

■■■■■■■■! It’s years of whacking off to the readers wives section of Razzle wot dun it!

Come pusseys try it :open_mouth:

the maoster:

robroy:
…the tendons in my upper arms are totally rubber ducked.

■■■■■■■■! It’s years of whacking off to the readers wives section of Razzle wot dun it!

Ok you’ve rumbled me. :blush: :laughing:
I get lonely in all those nights out. :smiley:

Default position for me. Rock climb and train on olympic rings.
Hang is great for stretching out your shoulders and spine.
Recommend it for you Rob. I had years of ropes and sheets and Sed Acs and ERFs too, the antidote is to work the muscles in the opposite directions to the ones you spend years using in work.
Wonder if the ‘hang’ could overtake the darts and pool. :smiley:

Disappointed Dan didn’t bite on my '‘Old British trucks’ crack…maybe too subtle for him eh? :laughing:…or too many pints of ‘Rats ■■■■’ to notice. :smiley:

Janos:
Recommend it for you Rob. I had years of ropes and sheets and Sed Acs and ERFs too, the antidote is to work the muscles in the opposite directions to the ones you spend years using in work.

Do you reckon stretching would work?
Wasn’t sure, didn’t want to do the wrong excercise and do more ■■■■ damage.
As for pool, I used to play a lot, but can’t get my arm down far enough because of this ■■■■ tendon thing… pity as I was quite handy…allegedly. :smiley:
Got to boast as there ain’t a LOT that I’m good at. :laughing:

robroy:
Disappointed Dan didn’t bite on my '‘Old British trucks’ crack…maybe too subtle for him eh? :laughing:…or too many pints of ‘Rats ■■■■’ to notice. :smiley:

I’am deeply disappointed in these big Dafs & Volvo fh they are not a patch on a British lorry no contest ,I’ve got some ipa left if you want some about 40 pints I think :laughing:

Punchy Dan:

robroy:

I’am deeply disappointed in these big Dafs & Volvo fh they are not a patch on a British lorry no contest ,I’ve got some ipa left if you want some about 40 pints I think :laughing:

There’s a few on here would disagree mate. :smiley:

Tried some '‘69 Summer Ale’ …a wheat based beer down in Bridgwater the other night, it was ok tbh…think it was the name that attracted me to it. :laughing: :laughing:

robroy:

Janos:

Do you reckon stretching would work?
Wasn’t sure, didn’t want to do the wrong excercise and do more [zb] damage.
As for pool, I used to play a lot, but can’t get my arm down far enough because of this [zb] tendon thing… pity as I was quite handy…allegedly. :smiley:
Got to boast as there ain’t a LOT that I’m good at. :laughing:

Think for a moment about your head. :open_mouth:
It is held up by aound four muscles in your neck. The default position when driving is to stick your face forward.
This puts pressure on the front muscles and stretches the back muscles. For every inch your head moves forward it increases in weight by 10lbs. Just a 3inch craning of the neck can mean your head is imposing 40lb weight on your front neck muscles. The elongated back muscles become inflamed and irritated by muscle imbalance. You go to physio and he will ultrasound your muscles and massage you out of pain, but the fundamental problem remains. The answer to the neck pain is to regain the integrity of the muscles and joint. i.e …sit up straight and exercise neck through full of motion.This neck analogy holds true to every muscle in your body.
Every muscle has a protagonist and an antagonist. You have to identify where.your pain is, and strengthen and/or stretch the opposite muscles. Won’t be hard. You are mostly using your front deltoids and chest muscles when driving. Dead hang will lengthen spine from hunched driving position.
When driving, slip your hands inside steering wheel and push out, tensing middle deltoids and hold for as long as you can…count bridges or signs.
When out the cab…assume the position…bend over, and lift your arms in bent over flys to exercise rear deltoids. Think about getting a posture corrector for a couple of quid from amazon. Will realign everything.

You sound as if you know what you’re talking about mate. :sunglasses:
Thanks for that.
(I’ll just make sure nobody is watching me first though when I get out of cab :laughing: )

robroy:
and fighting on with primitive gear boxes in old British trucks. :wink: :smiley:

I saw…

What you did there. :smiley: