Just me?

I do the same run, weekly.

I’m up Scotch on a Monday and Tuesday.

I work for a reputable firm that doesn’t run bent.

However, an albeit unlikely chance of a DVSA check at J44 northbound or A74(M) on the way back near Abington is always a bit of a concern for a potential hold up.

Those amongst us that DO actually run bent must be totally oblivious.

It’s silly to compare bent drivers and shady hauliers to drug smuggling at an airport - but the squeaky bum and potential to be caught must be worrying. Albeit at differing levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never used to bother me in the ‘dodgy old days’ , it was just an occupational hazard.

I’m now a paragon of virtue when it comes to drivers hours and the like :sunglasses: :smiley: , but even now unless I saw a row of drivers hanging from gallows at a DVSA checkpoint, it still wouldn’t phase me tbh…unless I’d been REALLY naughty and faced a few months in Durham nick.
Otherwise what’s the worst they can do?? :neutral_face:

Maybe it’s just me,.I don’t bother my arse about much tbh, I’m pretty layed (or is it laid :smiley: ) back about most things…maybe only apart from overtakers who cut in, people smoking in my cab,(see other thread :smiley: ) .and Newcastle Utd football related stuff. :smiley:

Running bent years ago was a way of life. If i was having a Err dodgy day, you used to know most of the rat runs to miss the check points. If you get pulled by the police on the road you could usually B S your way out of it. Now days you be very brave or stupid to run bent. On the spot fines, loosing your license or worse jail sentence, i would hardly think your job would be worth that much.

Now days i work for major blue chip companies (on agency’s) So i don’t give Check points a second thought, never get pulled in and if i get one minor tacho infringement a year thats a lot for me.

Doesn’t bother me being pulled , only been pulled twice in five years
Once in a 26t that was under a year old so wasn’t on the system properly , and once this year
Yes sir no sir three bags full and was back on the road in under fa quarter of an hour

Sent while in furlough

I usually tell new drivers “Do not fail the attitude test”. Remember, he is a working man doing his job as you are doing yours. Running bent does no one any good , have your vehicle looking right and tacho"s in order . You will soon be on your way. He will have bigger fish to fry.

hiabman:
I do the same run, weekly.

I’m up Scotch on a Monday and Tuesday.

I work for a reputable firm that doesn’t run bent.

However, an albeit unlikely chance of a DVSA check at J44 northbound or A74(M) on the way back near Abington is always a bit of a concern for a potential hold up.

Those amongst us that DO actually run bent must be totally oblivious.

It’s silly to compare bent drivers and shady hauliers to drug smuggling at an airport - but the squeaky bum and potential to be caught must be worrying. Albeit at differing levels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So because your firm don’t run bent as you put it then when you get pulled in they are not going to find a cracked disc or a tyre with damage where wire can be felt that’s happened that day ,a leak that’s started on route ,ect ect ,no one driver should ever presume that them or the lorry is squeaky clean .

I feel comfortable about being pulled, we run legal, the vehicles are maintained superbly, have time to check them over thoroughly plus we keep the same vehicle so during unloading with the body in the air you can have a good look see.

Where some should be a bit more aware is axle weights if they run at full weights, its very easy to have an axle weight issue, not an issue for me because i use an axle weigher regularly and know that during our load process i’m safe, that happy combination isn’t the same for others and at full weight running i’d always be a bit wary if i was working elsewhere.

The few times i’ve been pulled always found them professional and respond well to polite interraction as do most people, act the clever ■■■■ and you’ll get a suitable response, what’s the term now, play stupid games win stupid prizes.

the odd issue i have with this post is, there is no such place as “UP SCOTCH” I assume you mean Scotland…SCOTCH is famously oor national drink as is a bottle of IRN BRU (made from girders I,ll have you know) it is also that misty stuff you will encounter on a nippy cold morning anywhere north of Stirling. So please dont put “UP SCOTCH” into your sat nav anytime soon or you may end up at a random off sales just north of gretna… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

In the section OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS the word Scotch is used to describe a trip north from the south Sorry weewulliewinkie do not want to start a nationalist debate from a daft welsh person

ianto:
In the section OLD TIME LORRIES, COMPANIES AND DRIVERS the word Scotch is used to describe a trip north from the south Sorry weewulliewinkie do not want to start a nationalist debate from a daft welsh person

HA HA none taken, that means Wales could be “OUT WEST” ■■?

Defective follow me board :laughing:

The weird…

Looking thing with what appears to be a key at the top of it on yer dashboard, wassat for?

yourhavingalarf:
The weird…

Looking thing with what appears to be a key at the top of it on yer dashboard, wassat for?

To wind the spring up?

Must admit I like the newer tachos for the instant realtime reading of driving hours etc,.
but…When trucks were real lorries…

…and infringements could be avoided by creating a hand-drawn version, after your other one somehow failed to turn during your shift or miraculously blew out of the window on a gusty day just as you were putting it in your little folder of similar charts. Not that I’d know from experience mind you, but a mate of a mate told me this sometimes happens… :laughing:

Zac_A:
…and infringements could be avoided by creating a hand-drawn version, after your other one somehow failed to turn during your shift or miraculously blew out of the window on a gusty day just as you were putting it in your little folder of similar charts. Not that I’d know from experience mind you, but a mate of a mate told me this sometimes happens… :laughing:

Yeah some of mine used to tear at the edges unbeknown to me until after I took it put and all the days traces were in one vertical line.

Terrible shame it was.