Just like the US

I see that Boris & Co are planning to introduce a registration scheme for anyone in the UK who is working for a foreign government. Just as they have in the US. It is said in media to be intended to tackle foreign spies. That amused me. I am sure they will be queueing up to sign.

It appears to me that Boris & Co keep looking at the US and mimicking their policies. I do hope they do not do so with the police, they are bad enough already. But the thought of para-military style policing with all the military equipment and vehicles the US police have is chilling.

I seem to recall that Boris, when mayor of London, spent a small fortune on second-hand water cannon (that then needed another wee fortune spent fixing them up to be fit for work) that were not used at the time. Wiser minds thought them a little over the top for London. But I think they were used recently. So Boris has form there.

Dipster:
I see that Boris & Co are planning to introduce a registration scheme for anyone in the UK who is working for a foreign government. Just as they have in the US. It is said in media to be intended to tackle foreign spies. That amused me. I am sure they will be queueing up to sign.

It appears to me that Boris & Co keep looking at the US and mimicking their policies. I do hope they do not do so with the police, they are bad enough already. But the thought of para-military style policing with all the military equipment and vehicles the US police have is chilling.

I seem to recall that Boris, when mayor of London, spent a small fortune on second-hand water cannon (that then needed another wee fortune spent fixing them up to be fit for work) that were not used at the time. Wiser minds thought them a little over the top for London. But I think they were used recently. So Boris has form there.

I think the water cannon were sold for scrap?
Mrs May was Home Secretary and ruled them illegal.
Edit
theguardian.com/uk-news/201 … 00000-loss

National Security is important.
The best way to maintain peace is to prepare for war.
Who would have thought it.
Hopefully Boris is doing another Chamberlain pretending appeasement while doing the opposite.
So who’s really going to be bothered by it other than…spies working for hostile states.
There’s no illusions as to exactly ‘who’ those ‘states’ are.
It’s probably just a ■■■■■■■■ anyway hoping that known probables will give themselves away by registering using false details.

Rumours are that this registration plan is being introduced following no support for a former plan. That was a register for Ministers actually working for the UK.