Just had Medical (My story from the start)(1st shift:-))

Update 21st Sept

I have an assesment drive booked tommorow

Cant wait.
I cant get over the fact that of the 20 or so emails i sent to instuctors all over the midlands only about half replied.

Ah well they mustn’t want my 2 grand.

who are you going with?

what area you from?

I’m havin it with Coates in leicester, but if i do my trianing with them (all depends how get on with them tommorw) i will do the actual training at there Nottingham branch.

I live in Derby.

i looked at them.

i live near ibstock and market bosworth

i found a company in Wolverhampton, i know its a few miles away but it is cheap.

cost £723 for class C, inc theory, and a saturaday test.

will cost same again for C+E.

a retest is £182 for weekday and £202 for weekend.

Is it CTT i looked at them (one of the companys that didnt reply). I believe there instruction is 2-1 making it an 8 hour day.
I cant do that due to current work. Coates can do a 1-1 course in the afternoon 4hrs. This suits me as i work nights.
■■■■ good price though £723. Of all the company ive been in contact with 2 were about that price - all the rest about £900.

yes CTT, 10th october

just Realised i already put CTT in the post.

will cost about £45 in petrol for the week, but still alot cheaper.

well good luck, keep us updated.

same to you mate :smiley:

Assesment went well, just 1 hairy moment, a culmination of wrong gear, changing lights and a bit of a kerbing. I was fighting the gearstick and lost it for a second and then lights changed :blush:
Instructor said i was above average though considering i’d only driven anything bigger than a a transit twice in 16 yrs of driving and said once i was used to size and gears i should be fine. Also the dreaded MIRRORS :open_mouth:

Anyway booked my course for next week. 20 hrs instruction and a test on Friday afternoon.

red7jase:
Assesment went well, just 1 hairy moment, a culmination of wrong gear, changing lights and a bit of a kerbing. I was fighting the gearstick and lost it for a second and then lights changed :blush:
Instructor said i was above average though considering i’d only driven anything bigger than a a transit twice in 16 yrs of driving and said once i was used to size and gears i should be fine. Also the dreaded MIRRORS :open_mouth:

Anyway booked my course for next week. 20 hrs instruction and a test on Friday afternoon.

Good luck with the training.
Just remember that it will be daunting the first day but it will all come together the further along the training you go.
I felt like my head was going to explode at the end of the first day and I was wondering whether I would get the hang of it.
Remember to watch those kerbs!!

Is that 20 hours 1 to 1 or 2 to 1 training?

1st 12hrs (6hrs mon, 6 hrs tues) are 1-1, then wed and thurs is 2-1 8 hrs each day.

Let us all know how you are getting on.

Update 25 sept

1st day training today. Not to bad couple of hairy moments, my main prob is dropping my bad habbits that have arisen from my everyday driving.
I have 7 hrs 1-1 tuition tommorw will go through the required reversing ect.
Did some reversing today, went ok. I need to be more assertive regarding pulling away and getting upto traffic speed quicker.
Gears went well need, to tidy up correct selection on approach to junctions.
Overall i was quite pleased, most problems should be sorted purely with familiarisation with the vechicle.

good luck with the training and test jase, keep us posted

Update 28th Sept

Had the weeks training, test tommorow afternoon. Feel confident in my driving the only concern i have is - will i react correctly to any traffic situations that i encounter, ‘concentrate on foward planning’ is how my instructor puts it.
I had a crap hour yesterday (Wed)and if that had been today god knows what state my head would be in goinig into tommorow but after todays drive i feel much more confident.
Anyway role on 14:30 tommorow.

red7jase:
Anyway role on 14:30 tommorow.

Same time as my retest… :open_mouth:
Good luck for it…

Good luck for tomorrow :slight_smile:

Failed :frowning:

8 minors and 2 serious

Totally my fault . Saw a bus 100 yards down road blocking the road, along side a row of parked cars. If i pulled out along side the parked cars and approached the bus the road would be blocked because there was just enough room for the parked cars - me - and any oncoming cars along this road. Paked cars - me - and a bus would just not fit. So i did the right thing and waited for about 10 seconds then had a brainstorm and started to approach the bus. God only knows why :blush: . As soon as i pulled out i knew i’d screwed up. The bus had to mount kerb and take about 4ft of the grass verge.
After that i was just going through the motions. The other serious was on a roundabout - i tried to change to the inside lane on a right hand turn to soon and car was already in the lane i was trying to go to. I dont think it would of happened if the bus thing hadnt happened earlier.

Anyway i’m booked in for a retest next thurs morning, and i have 4 hours with my instructor on wed morning to sort this forward planning problem i have.

sorry to hear that but good luck with your retest
just try to relax and give the tester a safe and good ride
and you will be okay,

:frowning:
Sorry to hear it.
Good luck on the retest.

:frowning: unlucky mate…good luck for thursday, I’m sure you’ll nail it this time :slight_smile: