Just had licence back

Just had my licence back after passing my class 2 and it says im allowed to drive class c till 2021 is this right or have they made a ■■■■ up?

That’s the date you need to renew your HGV medical. You just get a new medical D4 done, send it back in with your license and you get a new one sent out.

In guessing your 45 in 2021?

Thanx for that mate and yes i am lol

Nice rig by the way if thats what your drivin

Predator379:
Just had my licence back after passing my class 2 and it says im allowed to drive class c till 2021 is this right or have they made a ■■■■ up?

Bit odd as all LGV licences should be 5 years max nowadays under the new licence system no matter what age the driver is

Thats what had me confused as to why it was 2021

I only had my licence back from DVLA recently also any all my vocational bits are also valid until I’m 45… When did this every 5 years regardless of age happen?

Yes that’s my normal rig… Very nice to drive- normally less than 28-30T being a Motorsport truck so plenty of power. Can be a bit top heavy when top deck is loaded but nothing major. Now the inside of the trailer is where the real nice sitting room is!

Whats norm in the trailer then?

Race Trucker:
When did this every 5 years regardless of age happen?

January

gov.uk/become-lorry-bus-dri … d-renewals

For those under age 45 when the renewal is due all they require is a self assessment medical like the one at age 70 for car drivers

You reckon i should question it then?

Ah I hadn’t seen that. Mine was only in for change of address so that makes sense.

The trailer has an office/sitting room over the goose neck/5th wheel, then upstairs in the back would be 2 Formula Renault race cars, 25-20 sets of wheels & tyres, 2 euro pallets of flooring and walking to build the trackside garages and a 13mx9m awning. Downstairs has fitted tool chests waist high for 5m (another car can then go on top) then an engineers office and a shower/toilet room is being fitted now. Belly lockers then for spare parts and heavy bits like compressors/gensets etc…

Very nice!! Perfect job then not jealous at all mate :wink:

this had me thinking when i had my licence back from my class 2, on the back is the date of when you turn 45, if not already, then on the front under your photo will be the last 5 digits of your driver number hologram with the 5 year date e.g so when my hologram moves it’s jun18 e.g june 2018

My recent story regarding expiry dates = viewtopic.php?f=2&t=103335

Nice one wilko mucka aug 2018 and nice one rog ill have a read