Just got nicked in Italy 27 cms to high

On way up from Modena, cracking on doing 90 klicks along with everyone else, yes I know the limit is 80, but everyone comes flying by, & I had to make the AS24 French side of the Frejus, so I could make Luxembourg for w/end.
any way coming down through the tunnels before the Autoport when mr Plod in the BMW estate Flashes his lovely blue beakons at me while his mate sticks his lollypop out at me, so I stop wait for them to come to me, asking for License, V5, CMR, usual stuff, & authorisation for load… well It was 4.27 mtrs high not wide or long, I had text Longs with height, they told me head to Frejus.
but I did not know you had to have authorisation for all the routes I had taken, so I had done well getting that far, they also ( Longs) failed to tell me about height probs i Italy, not done Convoy Exceptionel in ITALY B4, cut to chase… Speed no drama, but as I was 27 cms to high then fine is 746 euros apprx £534…& License suspended & taken from me for 15 days, V5 truck docs for 30 days… Bugger… got chatting with the 2 coppers sorted it out by dropping suspension down to within ■■■ paper off wheel arches on truck & trl, down to 4.20 mtrs… dropped fine to 465 euros / £332, got all papers back & license shook hands got tacho signed & ■■■■■■ to tunnel, prob to make sure I didnt put air ride back up, as Frejus Tunnel is 4.30 mtrs…Lesson learned for office…

Who is responsible for the fine, Dave??
At least they were reasonable and let you drop the suspension etc

Richard Longs, as I told them the Height & they never said anything diferent, Lorraine Long called me yesterday & asked me how do I want money, Euros, Sterling or paid straight to wherever… so Its ok… but like my older Brother always said… you can never stop learning in this game… 23 yrs of doing European work, mainly with Tilts in the early yrs, then stepframe boxes on touring work running at around 4 mtrs, you never give a thought i supose,

I got tugged in Swiss, for practically the same thing, 7cm overheight. It cost me ChF 2000, half for the wagon half for the trailer. Happily I was heading back to base, Murfitts paid me back in pounds, in cash, 10 minutes after putting the receipt in. They also squared up the difference when my credit card bill came through.

Ive had a €10 fine " :question: " for speeding in Italy too. Doing 90km all day and got checked as I was pulling up for a break. A very freindly policeman suggested coffee?, I offered the 10er which he happily accepted. After reminding me that the limit was 80, he went off, presumably to enjoy his coffee. I took my break and was straight back up to 90, as you do :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: .