Just got first class 1 job

Passed my class 1 in June and just done an assessment with Stobarts.Got offered the job there and then. I know there are lots of Stobart bashers on here,but I’m chuffed to get my first chance at driving them big bad boys.Big thanks to them for giving a new guy a chance. :smiley:

Congrats pal! :smiley:

There are plenty on here that would moan if they won the lottery but didn’t get a bottle of champagne to go with it!
Don’t take any notice, and crack on! :grimacing:

Best of luck!

Cheers for the support mate. :slight_smile:

What depot you working from? I’ve just started with them. New pass aswell. I’m working from stoke.

Stoke Ports at Etruria.Is it okay mate?

Yea its ok mate. You’ll get a week with another driver then its on your own. Are you tramping or days?

Days.Got do 2 days induction first. can’t wait get stuck in. :smiley:

mattsplatt:
Passed my class 1 in June and just done an assessment with Stobarts.Got offered the job there and then. I know there are lots of Stobart bashers on here,but I’m chuffed to get my first chance at driving them big bad boys.Big thanks to them for giving a new guy a chance. :smiley:

Good news, well done. Now crack on drive! :grimacing:

On a side note, that “two years minimum exerience” myth is really being shown up. Any newbie drivers, don’t be put off by it.

Well done, I was always thrown by you must have experience, but now I am in the industry I know what a load of ■■■■■■■■ it is :stuck_out_tongue:

well done am so happy for you!!! YAY!!! :smiley: :sunglasses:

Well done fella,jobs a job at the end of the day,good to see a big company giving newbies a crack.

Good luck with the new job. Hopefully all goes well. Keep us all updated.

What was the assessment with a Stobart like. What did it include and how long?

Show the assessor how you do your vehicle check and then out for a drive for about 30 or 40 minutes.Then reverse in a space . If you pass that then it’s an interview with the manager. Don’t know if it’s how they all do it but that was mine.

Good luck mate. I was a new driver and looking for work and got a job with Peckover in Bradford who take on new guys.

They are great, good new wagons and trilaers and I’m loving it. as long as we all take care, there is no reason why newbies shouldnt be given a chance

Well done !

ash 001:
Well done, I was always thrown by you must have experience, but now I am in the industry I know what a load of ■■■■■■■■ it is [emoji14]

That’s good to know, as I’m in first stages of looking to become a driver, and have looked at job adverts to find many ask for this 2yr experience, I hv then questioned whether it is a good idea, if hard to get work.
However, im still taking plunge as I really want this! Lol [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13]

Think I may have been on your induction course with you mate. Did the fifth wheel jam on your coupling/uncoupling?

Embo83:

ash 001:
Well done, I was always thrown by you must have experience, but now I am in the industry I know what a load of ■■■■■■■■ it is [emoji14]

That’s good to know, as I’m in first stages of looking to become a driver, and have looked at job adverts to find many ask for this 2yr experience, I hv then questioned whether it is a good idea, if hard to get work.
However, im still taking plunge as I really want this! Lol [emoji13] [emoji13] [emoji13]

No issue finding work, I’ve only signed up with 2 agencies having passed Class C 6 weeks ago, and I can’t go on an assessment drive with a client for the second agency, as the first agency has had me fully booked! :smiley:

eagerbeaver:
Think I may have been on your induction course with you mate. Did the fifth wheel jam on your coupling/uncoupling?

Did yours? :wink: