just for fun.

In order for a driver to be on a break they have to be free to dispose of their time how they want to? Correct?
Well dose this mean then that if I am on a weekly rest period and the Mrs decides that I have to go shopping that I should be extending my rest period to compensate as I didn’t want to go bloody shopping, so there for was not spending my time as I wished.
And before anyone says it don’t count cos your Mrs isn’t your boss. YER RIGHT! who are you trying to kid?

dreamingofoz:
In order for a driver to be on a break they have to be free to dispose of their time how they want to? Correct?

NO - incorrect

Rest = freely dispose of their time
Break = recouperation - even if that was staying in the driver seat waiting to unload etc

Go on, try telling your missus you’re on break and can’t go shopping. Let us know how it went when you get out of traction. :laughing:

When you were out shopping with the missus, did you think to pop into a MANswear shop & buying some trousers?

ROG:

dreamingofoz:

NO - incorrect

Break = recouperation - even if that was staying in the driver seat waiting to unload etc

Nice one, you sucked the fun out of that one mate.

If a driver regards his wife as the boss then they could argue that they are under instruction and it cannot be rest so must be recorded as other work especially if payment in cash or … kind … is offered :wink: :laughing:

ROG:
If a driver regards his wife as the boss then they could argue that they are under instruction and it cannot be rest so must be recorded as other work especially if payment in cash or … kind … is offered :wink: :laughing:

I’m having serious problems thinking this one out Rog.

Do I need to switch the tacho to ‘other work’ anytime I want to slip my missus one during my daily or weekly rest periods?

Chas:

ROG:

Do I need to switch the tacho to ‘other work’ anytime I want to slip my missus one during my daily or weekly rest periods?

I wouldn’t bother. Two minutes won’t matter either way. :wink: :laughing:

ROG:

But remember that all payments in kind should be declared as income for tax purposes. Although there’s some I’d like to forget.

OP shot down as soon as he popped out the traps :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Rhythm Thief:

Ooooooh, you ■■■■■.

I’ll have you know that I am known as the luurve god, the epitome of Adonis.

Wimmin giggle, point & stare. “That’s Lizard, the Tongue”.

:laughing:

Rhythm Thief:
I wouldn’t bother. 30 secs won’t matter either way. :wink: :laughing:

FTFY :wink:

Chas:
Wimmin giggle, point & stare. “That’s Lizard, the Tongue”.

He can breathe though his ears :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

ROG:

dreamingofoz:

NO - incorrect

But IF he takes the Mrs shopping, he`ll earn brownies points, which after waiting to unload, he should be able to redeem the brownies points with the Mrs and unload on Saturday night

I’ve often thought whoever wrote ‘free to dispose of your time as you wish’ was single or at least not worrying any vaginas in the near future.

She who must be obeyed (aka ‘the dragon’)gives me loads of jobs to do round the house whilst on a weekly rest period and I honestly feel like complaining to VOSA- the bloody woman is bribing me to work on my break/rest.
By bribe I obviously mean a seriously reduced chance of coitus if I don’t obey.

So I feel with this in mind the rules and regs should be rewritten.

Rest = ‘Period of time when you won’t be engaging in any commercial driving or work or employer related duties unless at the request of your other half / life partner / soul mate/ squeeze of the day, in which case all bets are off and your on your own’.

Should I make a manual entry Monday if I have had to succumb to emotional blackmail and change a lightbulb or two.

Rhythm Thief:

Chas:

ROG:

Another mouthful of coffee wasted, time to clean the windowscreen anyway!!

up until lately i was full time doing bean work from ireland to the uk.home for a 24 one week and a 45 the next.however things have changed and i’ve had to gave up full time and only do 1 trip aweek. i stay at home to look after the kids while the wife looks after her mother.i now do a trip to get away from home.thats my 45 hour break nowaday…dont think the vosa would allow that but

Chas:
When you were out shopping with the missus, did you think to pop into a MANswear shop & buying some trousers?

very good

Chas:

I’ll have you know, I have plenty of pairs of MENS trousers thank you! She just tells me which ones I’m allowed to wear :unamused: