Just for Betz

Here’s some more pics for you Ben taken at Eupen this week.
I know you won’t have them already,'cos they haven’t gone on the road yet.

These new Twingo’s are destined for Spain…

There’s also a few new Merc’s parked there,possibly to replace the older model Edwards Volvo’s that are due to go any time now.

This old day cabbed SK is the shunt motor,but it is road legal and even has an OBU fitted for the German Maut (How did that old Volvo get in the picture!) :wink:

And this Twingo hasn’t even been numbered and lettered yet…

I’ll snap a few more next time I’m in there.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: GRAND BRILLANT :sunglasses: :smiley: Photos!!! it is very good pictures and nice to see new brand shine of willi betz vechile, yeah i have been seen Twingo yellow espana five time but i thou mr betz was buy few twingo but i dont realise it is will more purchase on twingo truck :confused: so i notice new lowline actros - series number 5000s, they gonna replace the russian standard actros at moment so i notice Willi Betz have became lower fleet number at moment, before they got 9,800 fleet but i think it is less at mo cos Bulgarian Goverment Ministery order the reduce of fleet so Mr Betz try less purchase on bulgarian truck dealer so better replace on espana plate instead bulgarian plate because lots smaller bulgarian haugliers operator complain on Betz SOMAT AG for keep bigger fleet and cheat illegal CMET and Tax too so they avoid on Bulgaria so they transfer to Spain

Cheers KW,
Will looking forward for other pictures!!! :smiley: :smiley:

Couple more for you Ben from this week…

This is a Czech registered that I was parked near at Hilton Park services on Monday night

And this is a Hungarian one that was one of two that I loaded with in Immingham on Tuesday afternoon.Couldn’t get a pic of the other one,we loaded at a petro-chemical plant and weren’t supposed to take pics!

The Betz trucks took one of these each…

They are modular units for heavy haulage,each weighing 24tons,and I took the power pack and a container of hoses and cables,a mere 12tons.
We had to deliver them to the French Naval base in Cherbourg where they were being used by A.L.E. to move a section of submarine that was being cut up for scrap.

Getting in to the base was a nightmare.Anyone delivering to the base has to submit the name’s of the driver’s three weeks in advance so they can run a security check on them!
Obviously this didn’t happen and it took me over two hours before they would let me in!
And that was just the first check.Once inside the main gate you have to exchange the pass for another one to gain access to the area where they were going to unload me.

The sub had been cut in half already,and A.L.E. had the job of moving another small section which weighed 650tons! They just have to wait a few day’s until the section is cut free.

very brillant photos!!! l like one as Hungarian betz waiting loading pic!!! :smiley:

Did betz driver wave or say hello to you cos they know Edwards under Betz regime ? do you often flashing headlight or wave or horn to betz lorries in motorway ? or they ignore you ? :smiley:

Cheers
Ben,

Cant wait more your interesting betz pics!!! :sunglasses:

Eupen this week…

All the old model Volvo’s have now gone back to the local dealer.
A few of our driver’s have been collecting new trucks from Wurth and bringing them to Eupen to have the satellite’s fitted and the ‘Belgium’ sticker’s put on.
The low-ride mega units are fitted with the Telligent gearbox,whilst the normal unit’s are fitted with the manual gearbox.

In the workshop having the satellite dish fitted to the roof

Also in Eupen was this Italian reg Mega-Space

I tried to persuade the driver that I should have it,but he wasn’t interested!

Great pic’s KW of tidy fleet and that Actros
in the last pic looks a nice motor :smiley: .

Yeh nice pics there KW, are the ones that are being delivered to Belguim shortly be exactly the same for you :question: :question:

Mr Betz does confuse me with his trucks, there all so varied :confused: :confused:

Have you changed units Keith ? Thought you were in HWY050 ? :confused:

Rob K:
Have you changed units Keith ? Thought you were in HWY050 ? :confused:

Still got my Volvo Rob,that’s not due to go until the end of the year.

:laughing: Very Impressive!!! Nice photos… I am notice Willi Betz start became cut down the numbers of fleets because 5000s serial number should be Russian regs belong Betz SOMAT AG & BetzMAT but now they have change for Belgium Betz logistic, Hungary Betz KFT and Czech Betz S.R.O became more increase number of fleets so SOMAT AG became less and lose some the truck then transfer to Betz ESPANA S.A. I dont know why they have big change maybe effect by new 10 Eastern European EU Member join and more competive mean Betz have lose some contract the Eastern European Work. Today - Eastern European became more easy to connect between Western not like before as they relay on Betz for Eastern European Work but not now… :unamused:

Cheers Ben

Cant wait for see more photos in other times also This Saturday I will going Reutlingen - Home of Willi Betz Land :smiley: for Open day Willi Betz Headoffice :smiley:

Ben,here’s a pic of the Willi Betz depot at Eupen,Belgium.

:astonished: COOL, Thanks you very much, i will print this picture and put into my Willi Betz Scrap Book!!! :laughing: :sunglasses:

Cheers :wink:
Ben.

Blimey!!!
That’s a rare sight, Betz trucks at a Betz depot!!
I thought they were all over here :laughing: :laughing:

Dan.

:laughing: :laughing: Yes can be difficult to see Willi Betz Depot but Willi Betz have office and some Depot in european countries.
France 6
Holland 1
Beligum 1
Germany 16
Spain 3
Portugal 2
Italy 3
Austria 2
Turkey 1
Sweden 1
Poland 3
Czech Republic 2
Hungary 1
Belarus 3
Russia 2
Romania 1
Bulgaria 3
but some those are depot or office only or Agency but lots of depot but i dont know where like as Eupen Belgium, it is new to me! thanks KW for new news for me! :slight_smile:
Ben.

In Eupen again this week…

They also have dutch drivers working for Willi Betz.
Betz bought the company Stuij an der Man from Barendrecht several years ago,and the trucks are in Betz colours with the dutch name on the back of the cab.

the pics looks neat of depots maybe one day i will look around there depots,

thank agains
cheers for this
Ben :sunglasses:

I expect you’ve already got this one Ben in your collection,but here’s a pic of a Betz trailer advertising a New Silk Road.Taken this week in Eupen.

:smiley: Nice picture, yeah i afraid so I got about four photos of Asia Silk Road Trailer,i took the photos in Heston MSA. now i have seen about 8 time but other Willi Betz have 5 special Schmitz Tilt - IRAN Earthquake BAM 2003 yellow but i never seen or any photos but my friend live in Ashford, he is fan of Betz (same as me) he seen few time!

Keep eyes on lots of rare betz around! :sunglasses:

Cheers
Ben

Thanks for picture KW, Keep coming! :wink: i am thriller see more betz photos¬! :laughing:

I could take some pictures of Billy Wetz Derby depot now!

It is steadily growing in the depot where our yard is. From a couple or 3 trailers to probably 20 now and 8 Dutch plate Premiums with UK drivers.

I was also in Shenstone and there are a few more trucks based there, but the depot is in a weight limit, so wil probably move into our yard too

i could take some pictures of Billy Wetz Derby depot now!

It is steadily growing in the depot where our yard is. From a couple or 3 trailers to probably 20 now and 8 Dutch plate Premiums with UK drivers.

I was also in Shenstone and there are a few more trucks based there, but the depot is in a weight limit, so wil probably move into our yard too

it looks like there slowly moving into nyk’s new place on the a38 at burnaton,quite a few trailers parked up in there to

jon