Just done my first full week

I’ve been doing the odd day or two past few months for a local company (via agency), but this week they had me in all week due to demand. Got to say, I’ve learned hell of a lot more about the job through doing things practically rather than sat in a classroom doing lots of theory or watching youtube vids. Did two ten hour driving days and 2 at reduced rests. Also learning to try and get on well with the forklift guys at the regular tips I was doing… I’m hoping that can help in the long run.

Driven 4 different trucks as well (all class 2), great for the experience, although you don’t get much time to learn the intricacies of all the knobs etc. Drove my first sort of full auto (MAN TGS26) although it has over ride which I didn’t use… kept waiving my left foot about at times looking for the clutch pedal as I was slowing down to change lol. I really liked the MAN, as it’s the newest truck I’ve driven and very comfortable and quiet, only thing I didn’t like about it was the seat is way too soft and springy for my liking, I was bouncing all over the place at times… it had plenty of seat knobs and I tried a few but couldn’t seem to find one to stiffen it up a bit.

All in all, I enjoyed it and feel more confident with modern wagons and digi tacho’s.

andy_s:
Also learning to try and get on well with the forklift guys at the regular tips I was doing… I’m hoping that can help in the long run.

A very smart move… :wink:

Glad you’re enjoying it pal, and it does take a bit of time to get to grips with all the controls of different trucks, so play the Newbie card and ask your peers at work! :smiley:

Evil8Beezle:

andy_s:
Also learning to try and get on well with the forklift guys at the regular tips I was doing… I’m hoping that can help in the long run.

A very smart move… :wink:

Glad you’re enjoying it pal, and it does take a bit of time to get to grips with all the controls of different trucks, so play the Newbie card and ask your peers at work! :smiley:

Indeed!