Just checking before I chuck them all on the fire

I’m 99% sure I’m right on this one but can someone just confirm that as an operator I am right in thinking I have to keep analogue tachos for 12 months please?

Just wanted to double check before I chuck a load in the stove…

Ta,
Paul

I believe that’s correct, however if they form part of your wtd records then they have to be kept for 2 years.

As said you need to keep them for at-least 12 months unless they’re being used to track the driver hours for the working time regulations, in which case they should be kept for 2 years.

Get rid of the evidence mate, you know it makes sense :stuck_out_tongue:

thought tacho records had to be kept for 18 months now

scotstrucker:
thought tacho records had to be kept for 18 months now

12 months for tachos,

15 months for maintenance sheets

24 months for RTD/WTD

What he ^ said!

I used to work for a firm that had a big fire just before the ministry came round :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Thanks for all the replies, I’ve just had an enjoyable few minutes chucking all of 2010’s cards on the fire…

Paul

ShropsBri:
I used to work for a firm that had a big fire just before the ministry came round :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

It is surprising how often that happens, or the car was broken into and they stole a briefcase. There was even a case of a guard dog having to be put down because he ate 4000 cards :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

repton:
Thanks for all the replies, I’ve just had an enjoyable few minutes chucking all of 2010’s cards on the fire…

Paul

Just found the new regs that started January 09, all tacho records chart & those stored digitally from jan 2009 must be available for inspection for at least 3 years.

CLICKY

MADBAZ:
Just found the new regs that started January 09, all tacho records chart & those stored digitally from jan 2009 must be available for inspection for at least 3 years.

CLICKY

Nice try, didn’t work! :laughing:

Paul

Wheel Nut:
Get rid of the evidence mate, you know it makes sense :stuck_out_tongue:

What he said!

repton:

Paul

A feeling of relief washes over you even if you’ve not much wrong.

repton:

Paul

a couple of weeks ago, i spent the whole weekend shredding old tachos dating back to 2005 :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

and yes, it was very enjoyable :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Silver_Surfer:
A feeling of relief washes over you even if you’ve not much wrong.

There was nothing wrong on them that I am aware of other than perhaps the odd 5 minutes over my 4.5h here and there but even knowing that it’s still quite enjoyable getting rid of them…

Paul

Another question which is related

If I get rid of a vehicle, and the driver no longer works for me, so, no need for them for the WTD, do I still have to keep the tacho’s and inspection sheets?

Obviously, if I swap a vehicle and the driver still works here, I need the tacho’s to prove his WTD hours

shuttlespanker:
If I get rid of a vehicle, and the driver no longer works for me, so, no need for them for the WTD, do I still have to keep the tacho’s and inspection sheets?

I don’t know for certain but I would assume that you do otherwise you could get away with just about any maintenance or hours related offence by sacking the driver, selling the vehicle and shredding all the paperwork…

Paul

shuttlespanker:
Another question which is related

Obviously, if I swap a vehicle and the driver still works here, I need the tacho’s to prove his WTD hours

As long as you keep the maintenance records for 15 months and the tachos 12 months, it matters not that you havent got that vehicle or that driver. If you have recorded the WTD on another medium like analysis sheets, you do not need to keep the cards for 24 months.

For the W/RTD it only says “If Tachographs are used to record the WTD”

Wheel Nut:

ShropsBri:

It is surprising how often that happens, or the car was broken into and they stole a briefcase. There was even a case of a guard dog having to be put down because he ate 4000 cards :laughing: :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Yes,that was Davey’s Driver Hour Guard dog :laughing: