Just caught the top mirror

As per the title just caught the top mirror on my Daf euro 6 CF backing into a tight yard, tried a bit of brute force and it dont go back into place… anybody any suggestions of how to get it back into place before i have to fess up back at the yard?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

You need to remove the mirror back cover and undo the bolts that clamp it to the pole to move the mirror housing

Go back the way you came and hit it the other way [emoji106]

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

I think they are not simple clamp mounts. There are locating pins involved somehow. At the least it’s cover off and loosen everything rather than force it. Don’t pinch the wiring either.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

stuwozere1:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I’ve done things like that.

stuwozere1:

Well they do say the simplest solution is often the best one! :laughing:

Ideal way would be tie ratchet strap to it .other end on foklift .
But obviously health saftety won’t allow it.
Just try brute force.
Also you going to own up to doing it.
Or say you was parked up on your break. Came back to find it bent possible caused by an ee truck

Done that soooo many times lost track when someone sticks pallets in stupid places esp when its dark. You didn’t even damage the back or the glass - try again with more force! :slight_smile:

As for getting it back, if you can figure how to get the back off, the last one I fixed was an alan key on 2 screws, undo and move then reverse process. Don’t stress it, I guarantee everyone has done it many times.

Big problem - how to get the back off. I still can’t work that out except when it falls off itself.