Just booked LGV theory test

Well I have finally made the move. I had my medical, got the provisional entitlement so have just booked my LGV theory test. Hopefully everything will run smoothly. I will be looking for trainee work in Birmingham area after. Currently work at Jaguar castle Bromwich seeking a career change.

Hi - welcome to the forum.

All the best with your training; any questions, just fire away.

Standard advice when looking for a trainer is to visit before you book. There are companies out there with flash websites purporting to be trainers. In reality they are brokers who operate no vehicles, have no training centres, have no trainers. They will provide an excellent service in relieving you from your hard-earned - and that’s about all.

The only exception to my advice is to book on rock solid recommendation.

All the best, Pete :laughing: :laughing:

warreng:
Well I have finally made the move. I had my medical, got the provisional entitlement so have just booked my LGV theory test. Hopefully everything will run smoothly. I will be looking for trainee work in Birmingham area after. Currently work at Jaguar castle Bromwich seeking a career change.

I recently got a young man from there to IAM test standard so he could test drive all their vehicles

check out all the stickies in the newbies forum before making decisions

Thanks to you both. Good solid advice. I work through a agency / contractor for Jag so going my own direction with a new career path. We get the cars ready for the transporters so plenty of drivers to ask questions. Been told about J coates and another CRH training both local to Birmingham. Anyone give me recommendations on these?

The link in my signature below contains recommended schools by other members in your area