Just been offered european work

Go for it, I pestered the life out of a certain Italian transport manager who worked for a well known East Anglian fridge firm some years ago to give me a job, I had never been outside of Norfolk. I got the gig, went all over the place, loved every minute, when I found myself in Croatia just after their war finished I knew I had cracked it. If you really want to do it you will find a way round problems, theres a lot of bloody good British lads and lasses driving over there, never be afraid to ask, some may not like to admit it but every driver over there once knew nothing and know where your coming from

with the french if you say bonjour and shake there hand they generally are a helpfull bunch and will try to get you on the right road . and tell people you are talking to that you are new to this side of driving and most are willing to share knowledge with you a lot of crap said but a lot of usefull tips . i used to look at the map and write down my intended route and when on the boat ask people that you are talking to as you will talk to a lot more on the boat than you would in a msa if i have chosen the right route . use your head and you will be ok.give it a shot if it isnt for you at least you tried it rather than wondering if you could do it . it aint that hard i can do it !!!

remember there cant be many s.a.s. men left in uk because most of them drive trucks on the continent

Pete go do it mate its better and easier than driving in the uk.
Ive been doing it for 16yrs and ive never looked back, i hate having to tip in this country lol but i have to sometimes

jackson619:
remember there cant be many s.a.s. men left in UK because most of them drive trucks on the continent

I do believe the SAS is the biggest Regiment in the British Army, but most of them were caught in the fire on the shuttle :unamused:

I would say get out there and try it, you can only love it of hate it, and if you hate it what have you lost, a week of your life!
Most truck drivers you come across in Europe will be willing to help you with advise, and most speak more English that we do their languages so you stand a good chance of getting any info you want. It is different to driving round the UK, but it isn’t any harder, you will just adapt as you get used to it…we all started as novices, and lived to tell the tale :smiley:

If you don’t try it, you’ll regret it, I tried it and if I hadn’t been made redundant after 6 years I’d still be doing it now (I finished Continental 10 years ago and driving trucks 8 years ago). Ask advice from the quiet ones on the job, you won’t get bllsht off them, don’t worry about the language or finding your way about, you’ll manage fine. Just apply a bit of common sense with parking etc and don’t expect to be home much!!

Good luck,

Mark. (brookie)