Just been off the phone to the Police!

As title say’s just got a call from my local constabulary asking me about a 3 point turn that I could/did not pull off.

Anyhow they said there was a crack in a wall up through the mortar :blush: …However after taking my d.o.b. she say’s that should be the end of it after agency insurance pay’s out…A couple of questions for you guys…Do you think that agency will hold it against me■■?..and more importantly will this insurance claim affect my insurance in the future…Thanks all :blush:

The Declaration:
As title say’s just got a call from my local constabulary asking me about a 3 point turn that I could/did not pull off.

Anyhow they said there was a crack in a wall up through the mortar :blush: …However after taking my d.o.b. she say’s that should be the end of it after agency insurance pay’s out…A couple of questions for you guys…Do you think that agency will hold it against me■■?..and more importantly will this insurance claim affect my insurance in the future…Thanks all :blush:

Do they have evidence that you cracked the wall ?

I’m not suggesting that you should try to avoid responsibility for anything that you’ve done, but some people will try it on in situations like this, so are you satisfied that you caused the damage ?

Weather or not the agency holds it against you depends to some extent on how long you’ve been with them, and your previous work record with them.

As far as the insurance in concerned, weather the claim is against the agency or the agency’s client it won’t effect your personal insurance if that’s what you mean, well not unless you advertise the little mishap anyway :wink:
But weather or not it effects the agency’s/clients insurance is another subject and one I’ll leave someone else to have a go at, but as long as the claim isn’t too big and their record not too bad, I wouldn’t have thought it should make a lot of difference.

i’ve been lead to believe that if you are driving for a company then you are completely covered by thier (the companies) insurance. it doesnt come in to it if the agency pay for the insurance or not, its the companies responsibility to sort out the insurance.

like tacho said about if they will hold it against you, probably not! its just an everyday hazard when you drive!

Technically, you should declare it when applying for/renewing any personal vehicle insurance but, for the sake of a few hundred pounds, the vehicle operator is most likely to meet the claim directly and, perhaps, seek a contribution from the agency.

In the realms of everyday life, it is unlikely that anyone will ever tell you exactly who made recompence for the damage and how much was paid. Therefore, how could you be expected to declare such details in an Insurance application?

As stated, it depends on the agency and how they view you. If, in spite of the occasional expenditure, they can still make a profit, then they will keep you. If you become a liability, then expect to be shown the door.

Life is a ‘learning curve’, when you reach the plateau, you die. :slight_smile:

Giblsa:
i’ve been lead to believe that if you are driving for a company then you are completely covered by thier (the companies) insurance. it doesnt come in to it if the agency pay for the insurance or not, its the companies responsibility to sort out the insurance.

like tacho said about if they will hold it against you, probably not! its just an everyday hazard when you drive!

Some agencies offer a Driver’s Negligence Insurance though…

If you are involved in an accident, the company you’re driving for can make a claim against the agency. We ask all our drivers to let us know about any mishaps so that we can deal with it and make an effort to keep the customer on side, rather than dealing with the aftermath a month down the road.

After speaking to the guy at agency he said it will all be sorted out through the company I was driving for insurance policy…and basically not to make an effin habit of it…Just a brief note on the agency they did not hold a grudge…Did half hour work for them today hand balling of a load and 4hrs pay :smiley:

I just happened to be in the right place at the right time so I take it money talks once again :exclamation:

Edited

May be an odd question did you really commit the damage at the time they are saying and what proof do they have - I have heard of this sort of thing as an insurance scam.

The Biker:
May be an odd question did you really commit the damage at the time they are saying and what proof do they have - I have heard of this sort of thing as an insurance scam.

Yeah it prob woz me, I cant remember bumping the wagon but I do remember trying to pull off the manouvere and not being able to manage due to size of truck ( I sussed this out after I tried it) anyhow the local bobbies stated that a couple of pensioners was watchin and although no damage was seen at the time the damage was noticed later on.

As it stands as no action is being taken at the moment I am happy just to leave things are they are

I think that whether they hold it against you or not depends on how much work they’ve got available - they’ll forgive you virtually anything if they’ve got a job that they need to fill urgently… :wink: