Just a reminder

That slip roads…

Onto motorways have to give way to traffic already on the motorway.

Try and match the speed of the traffic and merge smoothly.

Remember, if you can’t get out because the large lorry by the side of you can’t move over because lane 2 also has a great big lorry in it, blow your horn and give the driver who can’t move the finger, as well as gesticulating for him to stop on the hard shoulder for a good kicking. It’s also traditional to then side swipe and check brake as you pass because you’re still angry about not being let out.

this has been a public information rant

Clearly not a true professional like our good selves, I had similar with a Porsche driver the other week (minus the hand signals) when obviously his super fast car couldn’t accelerate on an empty slip road and out run a fully loaded decker being pulled by a gutless Volvo :smiley:

Just this morning…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bald bloke:
Clearly not a true professional like our good selves, I had similar with a Porsche driver the other week (minus the hand signals) when obviously his super fast car couldn’t accelerate on an empty slip road and out run a fully loaded decker being pulled by a gutless Volvo :smiley:

You could have stayed and driven a gutless merc :laughing: :laughing: :wink:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

I could have done you’re right but at least yours have more poke than our diesel/methane monstrosities that never seem to work properly.

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

I could have done you’re right but at least yours have more poke than our diesel/methane monstrosities that never seem to work properly.

Come back then we need sensible drivers :wink:
Mention me and I’ll split the £££ if you stay the year :smiley: :wink:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

Come back then we need sensible drivers :wink:
Mention me and I’ll split the £££ if you stay the year :smiley: :wink:

I’ll go 90-10% in my favour :wink: also tell them I want my own Volvo, 4 on 4 off and I don’t mind nights out.

bald bloke:
I’ll go 90-10% in my favour :wink: also tell them I want my own Volvo, 4 on 4 off and I don’t mind nights out.

See that’s the prob .
Not the 90-10 split
We just don’t have that other ■■■■ we only have Mrec in here now

nick2008:

bald bloke:

See that’s the prob .
Not the 90-10 split
We just don’t have that other [zb] we only have Mrec in here now

No Volvo me no move :wink:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

See that’s the prob .
Not the 90-10 split
We just don’t have that other [zb] we only have Mrec in here now

No Volvo me no move :wink:

I did hear that …

The me no move bit :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

Ahh how I don’t miss driving them bags of ■■■■■■ as much as I love my Volvo’s, give me a diesel Merc any day of the week over those!

i’m nearly 5ft 13 and a quarter inches,lol,if the car driver is not 6ft 8 and not built like a brick sxxxxxxxe then I would gladly pull over on the hard shoulder and verbally educate them on joining the motorway

neilp1982:

bald bloke:

nick2008:

bald bloke:

Ahh how I don’t miss driving them bags of [zb], as much as I love my Volvo’s, give me a diesel Merc any day of the week over those!

or an auto DAF106 xf,lovely motors but no guts uphill,full loads and i’m down to 30mph

truckman020:
or an auto DAF106 xf,lovely motors but no guts uphill,full loads and i’m down to 30mph

Take it out of eco mode at the bottom of the hill and they pull pretty well. Same thing when you want to join off a slip road, take eco off and she’ll accelerate to a sensible joining speed quite nicely on cruise. I only tend to swap to manual and use all of the green band if it’s short/uphill and I’m running heavy.