just a quickie

i might have some work for tommorrow. i think i will have a mate to work with. ive never worked with a drivers mate before. what can i expect him to do. is he supposed to navigate?

Expect him to do nothing except hump and shift the load, If he does more (eg navigate) then thats a bonus. If you expect him to navigate and he doesn’t you could be in the brown stuff

depending on what the company employs them for it can differ. They can be there to navigate, to load the vehicle with yourself, if its not preloaded for your run, assist with unloading, or do the unloading on their tod. if they have a grasp of reality and can read/write english get them to fill in paperwork for you(however I wouldn’t run the risk!) And also expect them to try and rob ■■■■ off you if you smoke, and for them to fall asleep…alot!

garnerlives:
and for them to fall asleep…alot!

And moan about how you’re only doing 40 when every other driver goes flat out. The mate I had didn’t even have a car licence but oh no he knew best :unamused:

they will spend more time with a digit up their nose wiping it on the armrest or occasionally eating the excavated product, when they have a drink they will spill it on the seat or dash and think it is quite funny.

don’t let him out of your site either because he will find a shop open miles from where you last saw him :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I make a good drivers mate - dont I Lee… :wink:
I used to be a drivers mate on the agency and if the driver asked me to navigate I would (usually a map thrown at me :laughing: )
As for paperwork, I usually left it to the driver as he is the captain of the ship :laughing:

I’ll bet the drivers mate spends most of the time in the cab on the mobile phone, talking loudly without it being on speakerphone so you only hear one side of the conversation :exclamation: :exclamation:

Wheel Nut:
they will spend more time with a digit up their nose wiping it on the armrest or occasionally eating the excavated product, when they have a drink they will spill it on the seat or dash and think it is quite funny.

don’t let him out of your site either because he will find a shop open miles from where you last saw him :stuck_out_tongue:

I had that little zb with me in Perth a couple of times.

DAF95XF:
I used to be a drivers mate on the agency and if the driver asked me to navigate I would (usually a map thrown at me :laughing: )
As for paperwork, I usually left it to the driver as he is the captain of the ship :laughing:

you were crap mate, you didnt fall asleep, you shared your ■■■■ and from what i saw you didnt eat any bogeys so your sacked as a drivers mate! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Giblsa:

DAF95XF:

you were crap mate, you didnt fall asleep, you shared your ■■■■ and from what i saw you didnt eat any bogeys so your sacked as a drivers mate! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

■■■■, musnt try very hard next time… :laughing:

i was a good drivers mate did what was asked of me and more, luckily only worked with the same guy for 8 months on agency so we had a great laugh,e specially in st andrews in summer LOL

just expect him to smoke int he cab even if you dont,leave a mess, sleep, talk on the phone and obv help to unload the truck, though if its something silly and small then you can leave him be or you can hand himt he paperwork and tell himt o chop chop we aint got all day sonny.

great. i wasn’t looking forward to having some numb nuts in my cab any way.

so in answer to my question its to expect nothing :laughing: