Just a quickie working week question

Since driving under Tacho rules i have always done 5 or 6 day weeks. However. last friday i was told where i was to be going today. i logged on to my tacho. then went and filled up. upon returning i was told no driving today. so i logged out. i have done 11 mins driving , 10 mins other duties and 20 mins availability.
have i actually worked one day or not… if not, then how exactly does this …you can only drive for 6 days, work…
thanks in advance. :wink:)

dracken:
Since driving under Tacho rules i have always done 5 or 6 day weeks. However. last friday i was told where i was to be going today. i logged on to my tacho. then went and filled up. upon returning i was told no driving today. so i logged out. i have done 11 mins driving , 10 mins other duties and 20 mins availability.
have i actually worked one day or not… if not, then how exactly does this …you can only drive for 6 days, work…

The maximum time between weekly rests is 144 hours (6x24)

there is no max number of days and the reason for that is because a DAY is not defined in the regs and people have different ideas of what a DAY is - that is why a max number of hours are used for certain things such as daily rests and weekly rests etc

dracken:
have i actually worked one day or not…

As soon as you started work you started a new shift, doesn’t matter whether it’s 5 minutes or 15 hours, legally it’s the start of a new period of 24 hours (start of a shift).

By the way it doesn’t matter that you took the card/chart out of the tachograph, if you worked all day legally it should be recorded as other work.

dracken:
if not, then how exactly does this …you can only drive for 6 days, work…

As ROG has said you can have six periods of 24 hours between weekly rest periods (144 hours), you can do as many shifts in that 144 hours as you can fit in, but you must legally start a weekly rest period no later than 144 hours from the end of the previous weekly rest period.

Now that makes sence. Shame you did’nt write the dam book.