Just a question about the cpc

Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask a question about the CPC for a friend.
He passed his class 2 after 1997 but before the cpc was introduced.Now he wants to get back into the industry after being away for a few years but the agenies and training providers he has spoken to have told him that he has to do a five day classroom course to get the cpc.

Im in the process of my class 2 journery and thought he had to get the initial cpc like myself as he is classed as anew driver.Is this correct that he has to do the intial cpc modules or the classroom to get back on the road.

Many Thanks

aellerker09:
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask a question about the CPC for a friend.
He passed his class 2 after 1997 but before the cpc was introduced.Now he wants to get back into the industry after being away for a few years but the agenies and training providers he has spoken to have told him that he has to do a five day classroom course to get the cpc.

Im in the process of my class 2 journery and thought he had to get the initial cpc like myself as he is classed as anew driver.Is this correct that he has to do the intial cpc modules or the classroom to get back on the road.

Many Thanks

35 hours periodic dcpc needed for your friend

the tacho regs changed in 2007 so he might need a tacho dcpc course to get up to speed on those

Just the regular 35 hours of any of the CPCs needed. Not the initial one like you have to do. Like ROG said, be good to request the tacho one just to get into speed but it’s not necessary.

Hi all, by no means an expert on this but if this guy passed his car test before 97 won’t he have acquired rights for C1?

Does that mean that in light of the change in policy that was highlighted in another thread CPC change of policy for pre '97 C1 holders - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK that he can just do module 2 & 4 and bypass the 35hours? Or is that route closed to him as he did his cat C after 97 (which would be weird as he is effectively then penalised for doing extra training)!

James1985:
Hi all, by no means an expert on this but if this guy passed his car test before 97 won’t he have acquired rights for C1?

Does that mean that in light of the change in policy that was highlighted in another thread CPC change of policy for pre '97 C1 holders - NEW AND WANNABE DRIVERS (INTERACTIVE) - Trucknet UK that he can just do module 2 & 4 and bypass the 35hours? Or is that route closed to him as he did his cat C after 97 (which would be weird as he is effectively then penalised for doing extra training)!

You are missing a vital point - his friend pass LGV C after 1997 and I assume had it before 10/09/2009 - that means his friend cannot use the new option