Just a heads up if parking here overnight a50

leek-news.co.uk/Wheel-diesel … story.html might be one off but you never no

Not the greatest idea parking up along the A50. I sometimes have a 45 along there, but I’d never think of parking up on it overnight…

Bad enough getting you splash stolen but to knock one of your wheels as well is a bit on top. Stolen by someone connected with trucks I’d say or to order at least.

I’m guessing the driver does his walk round checks, imagine if he hadn’t! How would you explain that one to your boss?

terratology:
I’m guessing the driver does his walk round checks, imagine if he hadn’t! How would you explain that one to your boss?

Bet he had to do a double take as he walked by with his torch as he went by what was the wheel lol

2 fuel thefts from the bottom of the A38 near lichfield in the last fortnight, wouldn’t fancy parking on the a38 either.

FH Hammy:
Not the greatest idea parking up along the A50. I sometimes have a 45 along there, but I’d never think of parking up on it overnight…

Parked on A50 many times with no issues. Crime isn’t limited to one area. Just a risk you take parking up overnight in the UK (services aren’t immune either)

switchlogic:

FH Hammy:

Parked on A50 many times with no issues. Crime isn’t limited to one area. Just a risk you take parking up overnight in the UK (services aren’t immune either)

Aint that the truth :unamused:

The only problem I’ve had parked on the A 50 was about 15 years ago, when a Copper insisted I put my parking lights on. Was in a layby with a reserve to the main carriageway aswell, that was about midnight, he woke me up to do tell me :unamused: :unamused:

Parked at about midnight once in a big layby on the side of the 50, never had anything stolen but was surprised when I woke the next day to find they’d put a contraflow in and all the traffic was on the other carriageway! My how they all laughed as I made my way through their working area with 29 tonnes of nitric acid and no flashing beacons.

The A50 is quite busy on nights, how on earth did they manage this without being spotted?

trubster:
The A50 is quite busy on nights, how on earth did they manage this without being spotted?

Maybe someone in a stolen ATS/tyre fitter van.

When parked up overnight solo/empty do you drop the mid lift down or keep it up■■?

Someone once told me a guy had his mid lifts stolen whilst parked in Portsmouth and for that reason always dropped the mid lift down when overnighting as it’s easier to steal when it’s up.

trubster:

Or maybe it worked itself off the previous night and to save his job he made up a stolen wheel while he parked story?

Thetaff2:
When parked up overnight solo/empty do you drop the mid lift down or keep it up■■?

Someone once told me a guy had his mid lifts stolen whilst parked in Portsmouth and for that reason always dropped the mid lift down when overnighting as it’s easier to steal when it’s up.

Heard that too, i know there was spate of alloy wheels being stolen a while ago so the guys maybe trying to make set

We had a driver come into us about 3/4 weeks ago from the DRC carrying a full load of copper 34 tons. he was running a 4 axle 13mtr trailer. the front axle wheels on the trailer had been stolen, 2 x super singles. Driver had chained up the axle and kept going.
We offloaded him and off he went.
last week he was back again with same product, still with the first axle chained up and no wheels. Our warehouse guy said to him “did it happen again”. “No” he says. “my Boss, he has no money” :laughing: