Just a few questions

1. I’m 23 years old and hold and currently hold a cat D licence (pcv) but I passed in a automatic bus but would that still allow me to drive a manual minibus? (I passed my driving test in a manual car)

2. I take it you need to pass your cat C before you go for the cat C+E test?

3. If I pass my cat C would that allow me to drive a manual bus?

4. Passing a cat C+E would also upgrade my cat D to a cat D+E?

5. Anyone know of any good truck driving schools near Hartlepool in the North East of England?

Thanks very much
Mark

mark1984:

1. I’m 23 years old and hold and currently hold a cat D licence (pcv) but I passed in a automatic bus but would that still allow me to drive a manual minibus? (I passed my driving test in a manual car)

2. I take it you need to pass your cat C before you go for the cat C+E test?

3. If I pass my cat C would that allow me to drive a manual bus?

4. Passing a cat C+E would also upgrade my cat D to a cat D+E?

5. Anyone know of any good truck driving schools near Hartlepool in the North East of England?

Thanks very much
Mark

Welcome to TruckNet UK Mark :smiley:

1. If you have code 78 at the side of the category on your licence, you’re restricted to automatics, if there’s no code 78 you should be OK to drive manuals, but you probably have code 78.
    If the bus has no more than 8 seats you should be able to drive it on a car licence.
    It may be easier if you post what category’s and codes are on your licence.

2. Yes, you need to pass cat C before going for cat C+E.

3. No, cat C+E are for goods vehicles only.

4. Yes, if you had a cat C+E, your cat D would be upgraded to D+E, but the code 78 would probably remain for cat D+E.

Thanks

Would I still need to take a medical as I already took one about 9 months ago when obtaining my cat D?

Thanks Mark

mark1984:
Would I still need to take a medical as I already took one about 9 months ago when obtaining my cat D?

Apparently if you’ve had a medical in the last 12 months you won’t need another.

mark1984:
3) If I pass my cat C would that allow me to drive a manual bus?

Yes.Passing you cat C in a manual wagon will upgrade your automatic cat D licence to a manual cat D licence. Unless you already hold provisional cat C you will also need a new medical.

ok thanks very much

**:D :smiley: :smiley: Welcome mark1984 :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:**

If you click the link in my signature it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot of info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

Passing manual C & C+E will upgrade both D & D+E to manual

Re minibus - IF you are driving a PCV minibus then it is likely that this will be auto only until you upgrade to manual. The PCV minibus is now an upgrade catagory so B (car) is unlikely to cover it for manual.
Wish gpc273 was about to confirm or deny this :slight_smile:

ROG:
Passing manual C & C+E will upgrade both D & D+E to manual

Re minibus - IF you are driving a PCV minibus then it is likely that this will be auto only until you upgrade to manual. The PCV minibus is now an upgrade catagory so B (car) is unlikely to cover it for manual.
Wish gpc273 was about to confirm or deny this :slight_smile:

OKAY, just called DVLA…
Doing C manual upgrades BOTH D auto & D+E auto to manual.
D1 used for hire or reward (PCV needed) will be auto until you do manual upgrade.
D1 used for private purposes if a post 97 B manual test pass will also need an upgrade from auto to manual.

cheers guys :smiley: