Just a couple of questions...

Sorry if you have heard these before (maybe just once or twice!!!), but I like to try to have a full understanding of things even if they are irrelevant as yet, so here goes…

(1) I THINK I am getting to grips with the Drivers’ Hours and Regs, but most sources seem always to quote EC regs - when you are actually working in a driving job, is there something which dictates whether you use EC or Domestic regs? Or have I got it all wrong, and do you ONLY use EC regs when driving on the continent? Or what??

(2) Was just browsing the driver vacancies on the forum, out of interest, when you list agencies who don’t recognise “de Poel”, what does this mean? i.e. who or what is “de Poel”?

Many thanks in advance

Cheers

Steve

if you are driving an hgv commercially then as EC rules always apply there are however a couple of exeptions for examle transporting fishmeal from a processors to an animal feeds plant. I had to do this and it aint nice. there are other times when domestic rules apply but they are few and far between.

also if drive a transit van on multidrop deliveries then domestic hours apply.

anything as rule of thumb if in doubt go by EC rules

1. Basically in the case of goods vehicles, unless exempt (as mentioned above) ,EU rules will apply to anything over 3.5 tonnes.

2. IIRC De Poel were a company supplying drivers details to agencies without the drivers consent.

Hi Ya Dr Keys and welcome to Trucknet.

The Info about exemptions and regulations can be found here

http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_freight/documents/page/dft_freight_504543.pdf

The bit you want is on page 15, Section 22.

And the discussion regarding De poel is HERE.

K, thanks a lot folks, that clears things up :smiley: :smiley:

Going now, swotting for theory test today :confused:

Cheers 4 now

Steve