just 2 points

do all nite drivers park around the pumps as part of a blockade or park where the hell they like at services whist on a break and do most class2 tipper drivers seem unable to wait for a flash to pull back over without trying to leave marks on yer bumper?
just a couple of points to ponder :laughing:

Yep and yep.

I would imagine it can be quite difficult finding somewhere to park to have a 45 minute break when on nights. Obviously if its just a straight trunk you’d at least try and have it when you got to point B, before going back to point A. We all know how difficult it can be to get parked up in the evening if we leave it too late, so there isn’t much hope at 2am for a night driver in any services, truckstops, layby’s and so on. Not saying it makes it alright to block diesel pumps when others are waiting to use them but its probably at least part of the reason why its happening. Bottom line is that we need a huge increase in the amount of parking for trucks in Britain. How can we take safety seriously when as a country we cant even provide suitable parking for that ‘supposedly’ safety based tacho rest period to be taken in?

bald bloke:
Yep and yep.

+1

I’ve worked nights for years, and yes, it can be a nightmare trying to find a parking space. I have been the entire length of the A43 from the M40 to the M1 and not one space in any layby.
Services and truck stops are always rammed, industrial estates that allow parking are full, and those that dont are patrolled by over zealous wardens, with no understanding that a break is a legal requirement.
Parking is crap in this country, but then, we are only lower class workers, who would give a monkeys what we want or need?

As for tipper drivers, not gonna say a word… :smiley:

i always drop back when a tipper is overtaking because some of the drivers seem to have no clue as to the length of their vehicle and it’s safer to do that than risk the driver knows what he is doing

Out off curiosity what is the worst the private security can do to you if taking a 45 on the sacred land ?
I had it up at Bellshill one time guy was adamant I couldn’t park there told him I wasn’t overnighting just grabbing a break told me not to do it there again!
He Was not so politely told where to go .dont imagine police would have done anything or am I wrong ?

So when was the last time any of you had your front ripped off by a tipper pulling in too early? Just looking for facts like;)

Not all tipper drivers Daz are the same (as you know i am one) but even other tipper drivers do it to there own (Graham Churchill driver) who didnt want to just rub my bumper but the passenger door signwritting as he just pulled onto the A34.

bald bloke:
Yep and yep.

The favourite comment on here from the bellends that cut you up when overtaking (not neccessarily tipper men) is “I don’t need flashed in, as I know exactly where the back of my trailer is”… yeh right :unamused: , and they have never had an accident.

…but seen dozens in their nearside mirror!!!

as I said, bellends! :unamused:

robroy:
The favourite comment on here from the bellends that cut you up when overtaking (not neccessarily tipper men) is “I don’t need flashed in, as I know exactly where the back of my trailer is”… yeh right :unamused: , and they have never had an accident.

lol mate my excuse is i have a rear veiw camera on constant so i know when i cut people up :smiley:

the big un:

robroy:

lol mate my excuse is i have a rear veiw camera on constant so i know when i cut people up :smiley:

+1 lol :wink: :laughing: